Friday, May 20, 2011

Scrappy Moms Sneak Peek - Sun Kissed

Happy Friday!!!  It's time for another Scrappy Moms Sneak Peek!!!  This newest set is perfect for summer cards and scrapbook layouts.  The Scrappy Moms Design Team will showcase this set for the next few days, so there is sure to be lots of inspiration to get you in the mood for summer!

This sentiment is too cute and I thought it would go perfectly with this little cutie that I cut out with my BRAND NEW SILHOUETTE!!!  I'm so excited!  This card is the first (and only) thing that I've made so far with my Silhouette, but so far I am really impressed. 

 I am not abandoning my Cricut...let me repeat...I am not abandoning my Cricut.  I will definitely still use my Cricut cartridges with my Expression and my super dusty Imagine - I love them, but I am really interested in some of the design flexibility that the Silhouette provides.  For now, I won't provide cut sizes like I normally do with my Cricut layouts and cards.  If more people start using the Silhouette and are interested in the exact dimensions, then I can always start adding them down the line. 

Don't forget that I am a guest designer over at Monique Griffith Designs today!  Head on over to her blog when you get a chance to check out my project...don't worry - it's Cricut related.  :)

I am also STILL waiting to hear from two winners from my 1000+ Giveaway!  If I don't hear from them by Monday, I will redraw two more winners!  Are you a winner???  If you're not sure, click HERE to view the winners!

15 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

Omg! now that is super cute! I'm impressed by the tiny details..like the fingers..the cricut would have tore that up for sure! Lol..I hope you enjoy your new toy, can't wait to see more sneaks! :)

bonnie said...

Oh my goodness so stinkin' cute....adorable! I agree with Joanna too the detail is amazing...this is getting me excited!! Love it! :) Hugs x

buglvr2010 said...

Okay, now I really want to buy a silhouette. This is so cute....I cut love her!

Scrappy Mel said...

FABULOUS!! I love her - is she and SVG file or one that came with the Silhouette? GREAT card, as usual! {{{ HUGS }}}

scrappy critters said...

I LOVE her... you have to tell me how you like the silhouette becausae I am SERIOUSLY considering it.. LOVE IT!

♥Tam

Lezlye said...

Adorable! Great now you've got me wanting a Silhouette!

dreenie said...

super cute !!! i think i need a Silhouette now!!! hee hee
looking foward to see what else you create with it!!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

This is so cute!!! :-)

HappyPlaceJen said...

This is sooooo cute!! I love the girl. Nice job, Lauren! And life IS better in flip flops - LOL! That sentiment is one of my faves from the new SM set. ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

ok, this lil chickie is ADORABLE!! so cute!

LeanneC said...

Lauren .... I have the Silhouette and this is one of the first cuts I purchased .... You sure did a great job with her ... ADORABLE!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my, she is adorable. Fabulous job Lauren. Thanks for sharing your great talent:) Love your work!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Gina (Happymom2010) said...

Lauren-

I love your project!!!
I would love to watch a video on how you did this project on your PC. I have SCAL and I can't wait to learn how to cut SVG files.
Thanks for sharing...

Gina L.

hilda'scraftylounge said...

I've never heard of the silhouette I must be out of the loop but I love your card she matches well with that phrase. Theres nothing wrong w/ using other items other than cricut ;) Great Card!!!

Nhi P. Tran said...

Oh wow!!! I have been thinking about buying the Silhouette for awhile now as well. Thank you so much for your beautiful card. It would be great if you could a video tutorial on how to use your new machine. :]

Thank you for sharing.