Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Splash" Layout

I have a super super simple layout for you today!  I used my Silhouette again and I am still getting used to the software.  I'm sure if you've used MTC, SCAL or even Design Studio, it would come fairly naturally, but I've only ever really used my Gypsy.  I'm so used to designing layouts in my Gypsy that I am having a hard time figuring out how I am going to translate my normal process to the Silhouette.  My layouts may be fairly simple till I get my bearings. I also have to get used to the fact that I don't have thousands of images at my disposal...well, I do (in the online store), but I can't afford thousands of images right off the bat. ;)


I used the "Sun Kissed" sentiment to accent my journaling space.  It is from the set by the same name!  You can REALLY tell that these are quality stamps, when the outlined font shows up so nice and crisp!  



Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base (DCWV Brights Cardstock)
  • 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 patterned paper (American Crafts)
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (kraft) and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (yellow)
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (kraft) and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (yellow)
  • Swimsuit Clothesline, Journaling Space, and Ric Rac Border - Silhouette Online Store
  • "Splash" Silhouette software - USING my OWN font - I love that feature!!!
  • Sentiment - Scrappy Moms Stamps - "Sun Kissed" Set
  • Stickers - K & Company
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Michael's


12 comments:

bonnie said...

I love your cute layout...so fun sweetie...makes me smile :) Hugs x

Christine said...

I love everything about this layout. I think it is one of my favorites.

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great LO! I love all the details.

buglvr2010 said...

I love your layout!

Ruthie said...

What a fun summer layout!

I just bought those swimsuit shapes and some others on Friday. I have been trying to stay out of the sil store b/c my wish list just keeps getting longer and longer. :)

Ruthie

2LilPrincesses said...

looks great Lauren!! If you ever have time to answer questions, can you tell me how you get your heat embossed sentiments to come out so clear?? Mine never look that good, I wonder if it's my embossing pad...

Candace

scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

OMG! LOVE the bathing suits! This is beyond cute! Love it! :)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

You are such an enabler!! LOL I think you are doing FABULOUS for just starting with the softwear - this is an ADORABLE layout! :)

Mel

Glora said...

I totally LOVE this LO. I think it turned out just perfect. Hugs- Glora

CA Scrapper said...

Such a cute layout Lauren! Please stop by my blog, I have an award for you.

Leslie
cascrapper.blogspot.com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Super cute!!!

HappyPlaceJen said...

This is such a cute layout, Lauren! I love how you call it simple-LOL! The swimsuits are adorable. Would love to read more about using your own font with the Silhouette. I'm a font junkie! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/