Monday, June 6, 2011

EAD Monday Hop - Happy Graduation!

Happy Happy Monday!  It's time again for an EAD Designs Monday Hop!  This week our theme is graduation.  I put together a very simple card that leaves plenty of space to tuck away a little money for your special graduate.  (Let's be honest...that's why graduating seniors send out announcements, and really is there anything more appreciated by kids going off to college or young adults going into the "real" world than cold hard cash?  Nope.)  

If you are hopping along with us this morning, you should have arrived here from Jenn's blog - Double N Designs.  If you have hopped out of order, make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog, so you won't miss out on a single thing...plus you won't want to miss out on this week's great giveaway!
I added a little "library pocket" to the inside of the card, so the check doesn't get lost!

I used one of my favorite sticker sets from EAD Designs - Fly Away With Me


Just a little reminder...not to enable you or anything.  ;)

The next stop on today's hop is 

Materials Used:
  • Card Base 8 1/2 x 11 - scored at 4 1/4
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 10 3/4 (K & Company - Sweet Nectar)
  • "Grass" 4 x 3 - I used my scissors to create the hills
  • Clouds - Silhouette Online Store
  • Flower Border - Silhouette Online Store
  • Hot Air Balloons - EAD Designs Fly Away With Me Stickerz
  • Library Pocket - Silhouette Pre-loaded image
  • "The Sky's the Limit" Scrappy Moms Stamps - Designer's Choice set
  • "Congratulations" Scrappy Moms Stamps - Everyday Greetings
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain


Make sure to check out this EAD's Monthly Steal for June!  It would be so cute in a kitchen or breakfast area!


16 comments:

~amy~ said...

One of my FAV Stickerz sets! Love what you've done and that interior library pocket is perfect!

Melissa said...

Your card is beautiful!

joeygirl86 said...

Oh I love this! That sticker set is one of my faves! I love the way you added a slot for a check/gift card..great idea! :)

Candace said...

awesome card Lauren!!!

Candace

Jingle said...

I so love your card! Absolutely amazing!!!

katieo said...

Great idea to use a pocket for the cash.

Haylie K said...

What a creative use of the fun balloons! I love the pocket inside- what graduate wouldn't love to get some cash?

Sue D said...

Great graduation card--I like the pocket inside.

genagirl said...

I never would have thought of that cute pocket! Thanks!

mandalj said...

So lovely - the colours of the balloons are wonderful!

Sherrie K. said...

Love the card and the pocket inside is such a great idea:) TFS!
Sherrie K

liz at liz's paper loft said...

ADORABLE! just adorable! I wish you could have been with us at the crop, we had a blast!
liz :o)

Theresa said...

What a GREAT and unique take on a graduation card!!!! One of my favs for sure, I am so glad this hop took me to your blog! I am a happy new follower, your work is amazing!
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

pruttybird said...

Great card ... love the balloons and what a great idea for a money holder.

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

very pretty. Love the pocket inside to :-)

Honey B said...

The Card is so cute...i love the pocket inside ...It's so adoreable...Keep Scrapping and Keep Sharing,

Sweet Scrappy Hugs,
Honey B