Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Great Friends are Hard to Beet!

Before I tell you anything else about this card...let me preface by saying that I know that these BEETS look like radishes.  I swear to you that they are in fact beets.  They were clearly labeled as "beets."  (It was actually a set - an eggplant and a beet.  Isn't that a bizarre combination?)  I was sucked in - they were on sale for $0.50 and even if I never ever use these radishes beets again - they made me laugh, so it was totally worth it.  Now I need to figure out what kind of card I'm going to make with an eggplant.  

You can find these funny stamps HERE!
Materials Used:

Alright - I am taking tomorrow off, but will be back Friday with my summer craft round-up for the week.  The kids themed crafts don't seem to be super popular, so I will give it another week or so.  I may stop posting here on the blog and only post quick pictures on my Facebook page.

p.s. Erica - if you are reading this...this card is dedicated to you and all of the darn beets that keep ending up in your CSA box.  :)

12 comments:

Cely said...

They look like beets to me! :) I think radishes have white tops? or was it white bottoms? or maybe it was white insides? hmm... you can tell I don't eat my vegetables!

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Radishes, Beets, whatever! The card came out cute anyway! I ordered this set of stamps and can't wait to get them.

Hugs,
Saundra

Glora said...

This is ADORABLE!!!! I think they are the cutest radish-beets I've ever seen :). Hugs- Glora

mamawcindy said...

Oh My Goodness!!! This is sooo Cute,I can't hardly stand it. :0)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

LOL - I LOVE IT! I looked and looked for beets and couldn't find any - way to go! Adorable card! :)

- Mel

Melissa said...

Lauren, I just love your blog and I have a Stinkin' cute blog award for you and others if you want it!

dwilkinson said...

I LOVE your kids crafts ideas..keep them coming!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

HappyPlaceJen said...

OMG!! This is WAY cute!! They look like beets to me, but then again that is a veggie I do not partake in too often. And it's been a while since I was a cashier at a grocery store-LOL! ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

joeygirl86 said...

How cute!! I think they totally look like beets! lol..love the ribbon..tfs! :)

Erica said...

Oh man, I'm a couple of days behind, but it's completely awesome that you managed to make beets that aren't completely menacing and dream-haunting.

AJoy said...

Cute card! I think it might just be the color of paper that you used. If it were more of a mauve or maroon color it would have worked better BUT it is still extremely cute!

April

Live Love and Scrap said...

Those are totally beets!!! and they are totally CUTE!!! Love it =)

hugs,
Sarah