Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Stand & Salute!

Happy Tuesday!  Today is the start of another Scrappy Moms Stamps Terrific Tuesday Challenge!  The challenge this week is to create a new project using the Cricut cartridge Stand and Salute.  If you don't have that cartridge, really any military or patriotic cut will do.  I used the little green army men from the Toy Story cartridge.  I tried to do a more masculine kind of card...and if you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that masculine cards are VERY hard for me.  I had planned on embossing the kraft cardstock with a star embossing folder, but evidently I just imagined having a star embossing folder.  Oops.  

You can link up your project HERE!  I can't wait to see all of your patriotic projects!

Materials Used:
  • Standard A2 Card Base
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4
  • Army men sized at 2.75 (that way they are just about 5.25" long)
  • Sentiment - Scrappy Moms Stamps Yankee Doodle Dandy Set
  • Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
  • Star Button - from my stash
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

I tried to design a scrapbook layout yesterday and NOTHING came to me.  I have a ton of layouts that I need to finish from our Disney trip, but I am completely uninspired.  I think it may be due to the fact that we have been working on our daughter's bathroom for what seems like a million years.  It was supposed to be an easy (ha) project involving taking out wallpaper, replacing faucets, and cabinet hardware.  It turns out that the builder put up the lovely 80's mauve wallpaper directly onto the drywall (because who wouldn't assume that mauve wallpaper would stand the test of time).  We had to prime the walls, skim coat the walls, texture the walls, and THEN paint the walls.  I did discover a hidden talent - I am actually  pretty good at skim coating and texturing walls.  Now that we are finally done with all of that - it's just the "fun" stuff left.  So anywho...that has been taking up a lot of my down time.  

7 comments:

ScrapinShana said...

Hi Lauren! Love this card! I have this cart, but haven't played with these guys yet, they are so cute, I might have to try them out! Great masculine card, by the way!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

if it makes you feel better, I had a hard time with this challenge too! but like always we seem to have something similar...we both used the dog tag! lol! didn't you know that most women that frosting cakes do well with texturing walls! lol!

Christine Riley said...

Super cute, Lauren, love it!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

LOVE this card! My hubby would love it too :-)

joeygirl86 said...

I think this came out great..guy cards are hard for me too, so don't worry! lol..good luck with the bathroom remodel..things like that always end up taking longer than expected!

Cricutjunkie said...

Lauren, I love it. The colors work so well together. Great Job!!!!
Traci

HappyPlaceJen said...

Super cute card!! Love the army men. CLASSIC choice. Hope the remodel goes well! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/