Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peachy Keen Guest Designer - Day 3

Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe the week is already halfway through.  So far, I've shown you a spring layout and a summer layout...today we have arrived in fall, which sounds lovely after weeks of 100+ degree temperatures here in Texas.  I am planning to use this layout for my daughter's first day of school pictures (she starts preschool in the fall), but you could definitely use this layout for almost anything!  

See that red polka dot apple...that will probably be me on the first day of preschool, while Nicole will probably be more like the happy yellow apple.  Oh well...that's as it should be.  I did some more paper piecing for this layout, and I couldn't be happier with how those cute apples turned out.  I wasn't sure at first if I was going to add faces to my Faceless Fruit, but they looked so sad and lonely without a sweet Peachy face.  So...of course I added some little faces.  This time I used the Funshine Face Assortment.  Did you know those were the very first Peachy Keen face stamps?  

Don't forget that this week I will be giving away a set of the 
All you have to do for a chance to win is leave a comment on one or ALL of my posts this week!  If you'd like 10 chances to win, just leave a comment on each of my posts here at Lauren's Creative and a comment on each of my posts on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog!  You do not have to be a follower or email subscriber of either blog to win, but as always - I would love to have you!  I will draw a winner using random.org and the winner will be posted Sunday, July 24th!


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
  • 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 white cardstock (top corners rounded)
  • 11 1/4 x 11 1/4 apple patterned paper (K & Company)
  • Borders 
    • 3 x 11 kraft cardstock (added scalloped edge using Martha Stewart Rotary Cutter)
    • 2 3/4 x 11 white cardstock
    • 2 1/2 x 11 green cardstock
    • 1/2 x 11 kraft (scalloped edge using Martha Stewart Rotary Cutter)
  • Photo Mats/Journaling Space
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 6 3/8 white, 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 green (top corners rounded)
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 4 3/8 white, 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 green 
    • 4 1/2 x 2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 1 7/8 white, 4 1/4 x 1 3/4 green (top corners rounded)
  • (5) scalloped circles sized at 2.25" from Birthday Bash 
  • Peachy Keen Stamps - Faceless FruitFunshine Face Assortment
  • Title "apple & EYE from Cricut Birthday Bash and "of & my" from Cricut Wild Card
    • "EYE" embossed using Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots Folder
  • Baker's Twine - Papertrey Ink
  • Buttons - Michael's
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pens - White & Black
  • Hampton Arts Glimmer Chalk (cheeks)
  • Faber-Castell Watercolor Pencils
  • Pop-Dots & Glue Dots 
  • Sketch Inspiration






Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a little Christmas in July inspiration!  

65 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these cute little apples and their darling expressions!
Janet Gallaway

Jen said...

This is be really cute for your daughter's first day of school! I LOVE the gnomes below!!!

Scrapnatic said...

Love this layout!! Thanks so much for sharing! And of course it was a great idea to add the faces to the apples! Super cute!

scrapnatic@yahoo.com

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

So cute!! Again can't wait to see tomorrow's post!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Lucy said...

You're killing me with these gorgeous, cute faces on your cards and layout! I so want this set. Thanks for the chance :)

GiGi said...

OMGoodness! Those little apples with their cute faces are just adorable! I love the layout and title too!

Jill_in_AL said...

I love the fruit on the circles on the scallop -- great layers for interest. This weekend for the sale I'm going to purchase more faces -- Funshine is one of the ones I was choosing among. I hope they run a face special!

Super cute layout!

Sanwanya said...

I love this page! What great talent! I just love everything about it!!
♥sanwanya

Martha (Sissy) Speed Ramey said...

So adorable. Love all the patterned paper and paper piecing. I love the little apples with their sweet faces! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent! :)

Amanda said...

Super cute as always!! I just love your layouts!!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Luv Scrapping Together said...

This is so sweet! Love all the details!

Hugs,
Saundra
Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

Jay said...

I love it! another Great one.

Jeannette
truered0430 at hotmail dot com

sweetlilscrapper said...

gorgeous!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

OliveIt... said...

love the layout! It looks fab

Kerry--Momma K said...

So cute! Thanks for the inspiration Lauren.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love that idea for school, great idea! jen46706 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Very cute! We are starting kindergarten next month so I understand how you feel!

Sue D said...

Perfect layout for your daughter's first day of school!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

This is so adorable! You are so creative and I love looking at your creations!

Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be this creative!! I love the paper!!

gcastro4@msn.com

Jenny said...

We're starting pre-school this fall too {and I'll be bawling my eyes out!} I love the colors of this layout too.

Thanks Lauren!

Jenny
papercutcreations.blogspot.com
papercraftjenny@gmail.com

Crafty Starkie said...

Seriously so talented! Great Job!

Glora said...

This is SO SO super sweet! I love all those details and her pictures are going to POP on that darling page! I seriously bet she has the cutest SCRAPBOOK in the WORLD!!!! Hugs- Glora

Cristi said...

Lauren
Can you come scrapbook with me?!?! I would love your insperation, I am loving your layouts!
Big HUGS
Cristi

Melissa said...

This is simply gorgeous, as always! Love the colors you used!!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Heather said...

So cute! Love the apples!
ra6352 (at) gmail (Dot) com

momof5 said...

This is such a cute layout!!!!! I love it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is just the cutest! Seriously, i'm in love with the faces! Thanks so much for the inspiration this week!
Lisa
summer_sunset54@hotmail.com

littlen said...

great lo. tfs.
littlen44atgmaildotcom

bonnie said...

This is so darn cute sweetie...love the bright fresh colours and all the cute peachy faces...adorable sweetie :) Hugs x

Tara said...

What a fun fall layout! Love the apples with faces, the twine and buttons!!

Dawn said...

Love this layout. I love that background paper and those apples are adorable. TFS. deegeescraps (at) gmail (dot) com

Maria said...

super cute

Dawn said...

You do such a great job coordinating all your paper and colors. Love the LO!

pawprintspetsits @ yahoo...

Suzy said...

This is my favorite layout yet Lauren! I *love* fall and these apples are too cute. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. :)
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Jenny said...

Love this layout! The apples are so cute :)

Jenny
jennykingham at att dot net

leo229 said...

i really like the faces on the little apples. cute layout. thank you for sharing.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These apples are so adorable! abusybee24atcoxdotnet

janner said...

Wonderful colours. Super job.
Jan

Maureen Reiss said...

Super adorable LO!!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

lanejoy1 said...

Love Your Work and thanks so much for the chance to win these stamps. I just became a follower today and know I am going to enjoy it.

lanejoy1@windstream.net

Brenda said...

I couldn't imagine making apple pie with those little guys. They are too adorable.
You should link your layout with us at Getting Cricky for the Simply Sunday challenge. "food for though"
Hugs
Brenda GCDTM
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

Lisa said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Love those little apples!

dwilkinson said...

Love the layout! Keep em coming, you are such an inspiration!
Danielle
wilkinsons2 at gmail dot com

Heather said...

Love, love, love this layout. If I had seen it sooner I would have scraplifted it for my niece's scrapbook. I might still and mail it to my her. :) TFS
bhoward at kci dot net

SaraBug said...

I love all the happy apple faces. So cute.

HappyPlaceJen said...

Super cute layout, Lauren! It will be perfect for Nicole's preschool pics! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great layout and just love those faces, soooo cute.
jman4@comcast.net

Rene said...

OMG, what adorable apples! LOVE the layout!! TFS
ronnieandcorinne@sbcglobal.net
wishuponascrap.blogspot.com

McVic said...

Oh my gosh! I have to find this paper!Great layout!!
kacee
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable. I love your clean style.

jmeyer1 AT woh DOT rr DOT com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So Stinkin' ADORABLE!! I love the papers you used! :)

- Mel

Jana said...

Too, Too cute!!! I love this. Thanks for sharing with us!
blessings,
jana

janabailey.blogspot.com
janambailey@wtconnect.com

TyTynNiyasmom said...

I love the faces on the apples and how detailed your photo mats are. Great job!

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

pruttybird said...

Awww ... those faces on the apples are adorable. I don't even want to think about my kids going back to school.

pruttybird at comcast dot net

*Alison* said...

I just adore the patterned paper you used, and the colors are amazing.. the apples are such a sweet touch.. :) I am now a follower of yours.. :) thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us.. and for the chance to win.. HUGS

Kristal said...

I love the faces on the apples, so cute. Wonderful!

StephanieR said...

I love the apples and their little faces!! The colors are perfect together!!

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Love how you made all of the colors work so well together! Great layout!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Aman said...

so cute! Love the apples!

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

callyannc said...

I cannot wait to scrapbook tomorrow. I am so glad I visited your blog again! I love it! Thanks CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Maria said...

This is perfect for a first day of school layout! TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Great layout. Love the colors and all the cute little faces!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning at msn dot com

Anonymous said...

OK, you are killing me here! The apples are just darling. Love their faces. I purchased a pack of stamps from peachy keen and haven't had a chance to use them yet. You definitely inspire me to go to my craft room and get busy :)
Carol
jones61405@comcast.net

Live Love and Scrap said...

Love all the PK faces on the apples!!!

I was a mess too on my Stevie's first day of Pre-school!!! But you will love sharing in her new adventure....after the first day =)

hugs,
Sarah