Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peachy Keen Guest Designer - Day 4

As promised, I have a Christmas layout to share with you today.  I dusted off my Paper Doll Dress-Up cartridge and got to work sprucing up Santa and his reindeer with some Peachy Keen Face stamps.  If you have been wanting to purchase some Peachy Keen Stamps for the first time or add to your collection - this weekend they are having a "Christmas in July" sale July 22nd, 23rd & 24th!  Make sure to check it out!  I have my eye on a set or two...or three.  ;) 

I did have to cut out some images a few times, to create layers - it is a bit time consuming, but definitely worth it in the long run.  
I will use the smaller rectangle for journaling - more than likely I will add another piece of white (or maybe kraft) on top of the pink patterned paper, so that the writing will show up.  It's a little hard to tell in the pictures, but I outlined the stars with diamond Stickles to add a bit of sparkle. 
To attach the twine to the reindeer, all I did was run a line of gel glue and then attach the twine.  I did the same thing to attach the baker's twine to Santa's bag. 

Don't forget that this week I will be giving away a set of the 
All you have to do for a chance to win is leave a comment on one or ALL of my posts this week!  If you'd like 10 chances to win, just leave a comment on each of my posts here at Lauren's Creative and a comment on each of my posts on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog!  You do not have to be a follower or email subscriber of either blog to win, but as always - I would love to have you!  I will draw a winner using random.org and the winner will be posted Sunday, July 24th!


Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 pink patterned paper
  • (2) 11 3/8 x 11 3/8 white cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/4 x 11 1/4 green patterned paper
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 6 3/8 white & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 pink 
    • (3) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 4 3/8 white & 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 pink
  • Journaling Space - 4 1/2 x 2 1/4, 4 3/8 x 2 1/8 & 4 1/4 x 2 pink
    • Title "Waiting for" sized at 1.80" from Cricut Winter Woodland font "Santa" sized at 2.93" from Cricut Wild Card 
    • Sleigh sized at 4" from Cricut Paper Doll Dress-Up (cut out 3 times - kraft, red & black)
    • Santa sized at 4" from Cricut Paper Doll Dress-Up (cut out hat and coat 2 times - red & white)
    • (3) Reindeer sized at 5" from Cricut Paper Doll Dress-Up
    • Moon & Stars sized at 3.92" from Cricut Paper Doll Dress-Up
    • (3) Sets of Stars sized at 4" from Cricut Once Upon a Princess
    • (2) Squares sized at 1.50" and (2) sized at 1.80" from Cricut George and Basic Shapes
    • Peachy Keen Stamps - Funshine Face Assortment & Critter Faces Set A Medium
    • Patterned Paper - K & Company "Secret Santa" 
    • Cuttlebug A2 Snowflakes Embossing Folder
    • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
    • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
    • Hampton Art Glimmer Chalk
    • Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
    • Stickles - Diamond 
    • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Carrera Marble (Santa) & Obsidian (sleigh)
    • Pop Dots

    Tomorrow I will be participating in the Peachy Keen "Let's Face it Friday" Challenge, so my layout won't post until 10:00 AM CST.

    61 comments:

    CRAZY4CHRIST said...

    so cute, love that even the moon has a face, thanks for letting me know about the sale at PK!!
    kristan
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    Martha (Sissy) Speed Ramey said...

    Love this Christmas Layout. Santa and his reindeer are so cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

    jessica said...

    This is an adorable and very well done LO! I love all the layers and I know this will be so much fun to add pictures to! Faces are too cute!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    Sanwanya said...

    How adorable.you have me wanting to scrap some christmas pages now :) thanks for sharing love love love you creations
    ♥sanwanya

    Jill_in_AL said...

    Fantastic page and detail. I don't have a Cuttlebug (yet!) and wonder....do you cut the sleigh then emboss it or emboss then cut. More and more I'm thinking I need a Cuttlebug!

    Lucy said...

    Another great job! Thanks for sharing. Love these faces :)

    bonnie said...

    Oh sweetie this is the cutest! I love Christmas and this is awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the sale, that funshine face assortment is adorable :) Hugs x :)

    Scrapnatic said...

    Super cute Layout!! I love my paperdoll cartridges!! I use them all the time! I always forget that there's Christmas stuff on there! I will have remember that for my next Christmas layout! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what's next!

    scrapnatic@yahoo.com

    GiGi said...

    WOW Lauren! This layout is amazing! I love all the layers and colors! Beautiful work!

    buglvr2010 said...

    Another amazing layout!

    Amanda said...

    So cute!! I love how you give all of your cuts and measurements! TFS!

    amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

    Anonymous said...

    Never to early to think about Xmas, love the layout, thanks.
    jman4@comcast.net

    Houses Built of Cards said...

    This layout is totaly cuteness!!! I love how you manage to squeeze so many cute Peachy faces onto one page!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    Luv Scrapping Together said...

    This is wonderful! I love all the detail. Awesome!

    Hugs,
    Saundra
    Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    Jay said...

    Love it! The pink stocking paper is so cute. Santa and his sleigh are also so cute!!! Your daughter will love looking at these. The faces on the stars are great.....
    Jeannette
    truered0430 at hotmail dot com

    Rene said...

    another Fantastic job, so so adorable! TFS
    ronnieandcorinne@sbcglobal.net
    wishuponascrap.blogspot.com

    Sue D said...

    Fantastic layout--I like the glittery stars.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    Kerry--Momma K said...

    Love the pink christmas paper. Great job!
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    Heather said...

    LOVE this! The reindeer are soo cute!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (Dot) com

    momof5 said...

    This is a very nice layout- especially the santa and the sleigh- too cute! Thanks for the info on the sale at peachy keen- I've never been on that website before and I think I will be ordering from them sometime soon!

    Casey said...

    I love it when I have all the materials to make a layout or card that I admire, (well, almost everything, except for the Peachy Keen stamps :(.

    Heather said...

    Another layout I will definately be scraplifting. TFS
    bhoward at kci dot net

    McVic said...

    Adorable layout!
    kacee

    Glora said...

    BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, PERFECT! Your projects are always fabulous, but I LOVE the details you put into a LO! Hugs- Glora

    Debbie said...

    So glad you are staying with some Cricut cuts. You have just the style I love.

    jmeyer1 AT woh DOT rr DOT com

    Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

    OMGosh - so sweet! FABULOUS layout - the little stars are so adorable! :)

    - Mel

    gmtb said...

    love your layout..love Peachy Keen stamps and am now following your blogs.
    Linda

    Jen said...

    That stocking print is really cute!!

    Cristi said...

    This layout is super cute! I love how you used the twine and the paper is super cute!
    Big hugs
    Cristi

    Jana said...

    Wow! I just wandered here from Peachy Keen and I am so glad I did! your blog is adorable and you are so talented. I am a new follower and a subscriber to your blog! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with us.
    blessings,
    jana

    janabailey.blogspot.com
    janambailey@wtconnect.com

    littlen said...

    very cute lo. tfs.
    littlen44atgmaildotcom

    Lisa said...

    So super cute! I always love how you layer your papers for picture mats. So beautiful!

    Megan said...

    This has been my favorite layout of the week! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! I can not wait to scraplift the idea!!! I have loved this week. Great job!

    meggiemeg at comcast dot net

    TyTynNiyasmom said...

    This is soo adorable!!! Your eye for detail is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.


    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    Anonymous said...

    Love it all! Need to try that fun sleigh!

    pawprintspetsits @ yahoo...

    Dawn said...

    Thank you for another fabulously inspiring layout!! I am so in the mood for Christmas. The detail you put into your LOs never cease to amaze me!! deegeescraps (at) gmail (dot) com

    leo229 said...

    wow christmas layouts already.... im so happy you mention the sale today, i think i will be buying my very first set this weekend.
    thank you

    Jenny said...

    Excellent work {again} Lauren! I feel like some crazy woman always being so excited for your work, but you have some serious talent my friend :)

    Jenny
    papercutcreations.blogspot.com

    pruttybird said...

    Such a super cute layout. Love that santa :)

    pruttybird at comcast dot net

    HappyPlaceJen said...

    Simply adorable! Your detailing is AMAZING! Your pages have been that way all week, Lauren! Can't wait to see the final one, the birthday layout tomorrow! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    SaraBug said...

    What a great layout I just love all the stitching detail.

    joeygirl86 said...

    Soo cute! Love all the faces on the stars! :)

    abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

    Great lay-out, amazing details!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful layout. Just love this cartidge and those Peachy Keen stamped faces.

    hugs
    bobbi

    Stephanie said...

    This is adorable I love how you used the pink paper with the red and green. Perfect! Makes me smile to look at it.
    stuff@gt.rr.com

    liz at liz's paper loft said...

    I hope you are enjoying your week as much as I have! You've done a fabulous job so far and I can't wait to see Friday's project! :)

    sweetlilscrapper said...

    it's beginning to look a lot like christmas!

    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    Crafty Starkie said...

    awww!!! CUTE! I seriously love all your layouts! You inspire me to try scrapbooking.

    gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

    *Alison* said...

    Oh my heavens.. this is super cute.. :) I just love the little santa and the reindeer.. the dash lines bring this all together.. :) Thanks so much for the chance to win.. HUGS

    Kristal said...

    This is an amazing layout! I love that you added to the traditional Xmas colors. Adorable as always!

    StephanieR said...

    I love this layout!! Very cute!!!

    janner said...

    Love it. Super cute. You are so kind to include all the sizes. I really appreciate it and always look forward to your next creation. I am a faithful follower.
    Jan

    Scrappin Dhilly said...

    Very cute, love all of the details you put into each of your layouts!

    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

    Aman said...

    Love your layout! I will definitely scrap lift!

    amanbains1 at gmail dot com

    callyannc said...

    Ok I can only hope to get this good! But you inspire me. Thanks CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    Maria said...

    This is so cute! Love it

    Cheryl said...

    great lay out again! Thanks for sharing!

    Sherrie K. said...

    Wowee....this is beautiful! I love all the details...you rocked this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    Anonymous said...

    Another fantastic layout. I love Christmas layouts! Fabulous look. Everything looks so real and just pops off the page. You do awesome work. I hope you are able to display your work, as it is to beautiful to be put in a book. :)
    Carol
    jones61405@comcast.net

    Live Love and Scrap said...

    WOW....so much work went into this one!!! You are AMAZING!!! The paper is soooo cute!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    Yvonne said...

    This is an adorable layout! Even my hubby liked it. LOL
    I may have to scrap lift it as a baby layout - I'm due in 2 weeks and thought it might be fun to change Santa out for a baby carriage and the reindeer for my other 3 kiddos. Thank you for the recipe!
    ~Yvonne OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com