Friday, July 22, 2011

Peachy Keen Guest Designer - Day 5

Happy Friday!  I can't believe this week is over - it went by so fast, and I am definitely sad to see it end!  I have had such a good time and appreciate all of the sweet comments that you have left.  Thank you to everyone at Peachy Keen Stamps!

This week I've taken you through a year's worth of scrapbook layouts; the only thing that I had left off was a birthday themed page.  I am so excited to participate in the Let's Face it Friday Challenge!  This week's theme is "Puns."  I decided to have a "won-DEER-ful" birthday celebration for the sweet deer from Create a Critter.  If you'd like to play along, you can find all of the details HERE!
I don't care how many projects I do with the Create a Critter cartridge - I never get tired of it.  The Peachy Keen Critter Face stamps just push the "cute" factor up even more.  I have been saving this patterned paper to use for something special, and I decided that this week is awfully special, so it's the perfect time to put it to use.  I know that bright patterns aren't for everyone, but I love these - especially when paired with my favorite kraft cardstock.  
All of the animals are dressed up and ready for the deer's party.  I added distress ink and white gel pen doodles and faux-stitching to EVERYTHING in this layout.  It is a bit time consuming, but I try to distress and doodle as I go.  Normally while my Cricut is cutting out the images, I ink things and put together what I can.  I like to have everything put together and ready to go once I start to actually put the layout together.  Sometimes I end up changing a few things around from my original design, once the cuts are in front of me.

Don't forget that this week's giveaway from Peachy Keen Stamps is the Happy Lashes Face Assortment set!  

All you have to do for a chance to win is leave a comment on this post - for an extra entry make sure to leave a comment on the corresponding post on Peachy Keen's blog!  I will draw a winner on Sunday morning using random.org and  post the results on Peachy Keen's blog and here on mine!



Materials Used:
  • Sketch Inspiration
  • (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 6 patterned cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 5 patterned cardstock
  • (2) Borders - 3 3/4 x 12 kraft & 2 1/4 x 12 patterned cardstock
  • Photo Mats: (4) 5 1/2 x 3 3/4 kraft & 5 1/4 x 3 1/2 green pattern, (1) 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 kraft & 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 green pattern
  • Journaling Space - 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 kraft & 5 1/4 x 2 1/4 green pattern
  • Title: "Brady Bunch Remastered Font" - cut out using Silhouette
  • Banners & Grass- Silhouette
  • (2) Logs sized at 1.95" from Create a Critter (make sure to flip one)
  • (2) Branches sized at 2.50" from Create a Critter (make sure to flip one)
  • (4) Balloons sized at 3.00" from Create a Critter
  • (5) Mushrooms sized at 1"from Create a Critter
  • (2) Presents sized at 1" & (1) sized at 1.50" from Create a Critter
  • Cupcake sized at 1.25" from Create a Critter
  • Party Hat sized at 2.50" from Create a Critter
  • Bird sized at 2" from Create a Critter
  • Squirrel sized at 2" from Create a Critter
  • Fox sized at 2.15" from Create a Critter
  • Owl sized at 2.01" from Create a Critter
  • Deer sized at 3.25" from Create a Critter
  • Beaver sized at 2.25" from Create a Critter
  • Peachy Keen Face Stamps - Critter Faces Set A Medium
  • ALL Patterned Paper - Ki Memories "Paisley Parade"
  • Baker's Twine - Scrappy Moms Stamps
  • Martha Stewart Dotted Scallop Border Punch
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain (EVERYTHING is inked)
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots A2 Embossing Folder
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Hampton Arts Glimmer Chalk (Cheeks)
  • Mini Brads
  • Pop Dots
Thank you again for all of your sweet comments!  I hope that you will stop back in the future, if you liked what you saw this week.  I don't normally post 5 layouts in one week, but I always have lots of projects to share!

67 comments:

*Alison* said...

Well usually the first comment never wins.. but.. :) I just had to tell you.. that...Oh my heavens.. this is one of the cutest scrapbooking pages I have EVER seen.. I just adore the colors and the whole idea.. SERIOUSLY anyone would be so lucky to have it.. I am in aww over your creativity.. WOWZA.. :) thanks for the chance to win.. HUGS

OliveIt... said...

Super cute. Your pages are always so cute, I love how you put everything together!

Megan said...

Another "wondeerful" layout! I have really enjoyed seeing your new layouts this week. You did a fabulous job and your hard work is greatly appreciated.

meggiemeg at comcast dot net

Kim Score said...

this is so awesomely cute! I can't believe I haven't used my create a critter cartridge yet! LOVE IT

flscraplady said...

The details on your layout are beautiful! Your work is great. I love seeing everything you do.
diane at weismanfamily dot net

joeygirl86 said...

WowiE girly! This is awesome! Love every single detail! :)

Jamie said...

Very sweet, I love all of the detail work!

Cristi said...

This layout is my favorite! I am beyond in love, I love every detail! The paper for sure is extra special and I love those little critters.

Big hugs
Cristi

Glora said...

Cute, cute, CuTe CUTE CAAAAAAAAAAAUTE!!!! I can't say enough good about this layout. It is probably the most beautiful LO I've ever seen! I've said it once and I'll say it again your little one is SO lucky to have you making her scrapbook! Thanks for a week full of inspiration!!!! Hugs- Glora

2LilPrincesses said...

LOVED all your layouts this week Lauren!!! Soooo much inspiration!

Candace

Crafty Starkie said...

I am in AWE! So amazing!

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Stunning! ABSOLUTELY a joy to look at! You are incredibly talented and I enjoy visiting your blog!
Shelly
smedina24@att.net

Maria said...

I love it

bakscrap said...

I am a new follower. I love my cricut! Thanks for sharing all the details.

Lisa Kay said...

Beautiful Layout! I always love your stuff...

Pat N. said...

Your work is wonderful--your layouts really adorable. TFS!--Pat N.

littlen said...

very nice lo. just beautiful. tfs.
littlen44atgmaildotcom

debbie susee said...

Wow! Such a cute layout. So many little details. Love it!

GiGi said...

WOW! You totally outdid yourself! This layout is amazing! I love all the critters and their cute faces. You did such a fantastic job this week guest designing at PK!

CRAZY4CHRIST said...

so so so cute!! The PK faces add so much to the cuts, it took me a second to realize what cart. you used!! I will definatley be back often to check out your creations!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Kristal said...

Soooo adorable! The colors are amazing. Makes me want to pull out my new Create a Critter faces and get working. Quite detailed and inspiring!

Ro said...

I love this LO!! So colorful and vibrant! TFS!

Ro
littlemissfattypants at yahoo dot com

sweetlilscrapper said...

love the bright colours!

sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

McVic said...

Amazing week! Loved everything! Sad to see your week come to an end!
kacee

Sue D said...

This is a won-deer-ful layout for a special birthday!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Percilla G said...

Yeah me again
OMG - I am going to have to dust off that cartridege
I don't even know where to start so I"ll just say my hat is off to you
nmteachpdg@gmail.com
http://scrappin3angel.blogspot.com/

jessica said...

Awesome job this week on all your LO projects! They are all so very inspirational and totally cute!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

momof5 said...

This is such a sweet layout! I have been looking back at all your designs and layouts, and I LOVE it all! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing!

Martha (Sissy) Speed Ramey said...

Love all the papers and the little cute critters! Enjoyed all your layouts this week! Thanks for sharing :)

bonnie said...

Oh WOW sweetie...this is adorable, love every bit of it and all the details and colors are perfect! :) Hugs x

Jen said...

I have loved everything you have done.. Your awesome!!

kissmyjen@gmail.com

Arcy Scraps said...

this layout is absolutely beautiful!!!! you did a great job showcasing the stamps! thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

A-doe-able layout!! TFS
bhoward at kci dot net

StephanieR said...

I love this!! It is so adorable!! Great job and thanks for sharing!!

Jana said...

Holy Cow!!!! This is crazy cute. Great...now I NEED to by the critter faces. Thanks for the inspiration :) As usual your design is fantabulous!
blessings,
jana

janabailey.blogspot.com
janambailey@wtconnect.com

janner said...

You are totally amazing!! The pages are gorgeous. I love using Create a Critter for my grandchildrens' layouts. Thanks again for the inspiration.
Jan

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Your layouts are always absolutely perfect! Love this!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Luv Scrapping Together said...

Wow! This is beyond adorable! I love it!! Great job this week, Lauren!!

hugs,
Saundra
Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

Dawn said...

I've really enjoyed all of your LOs this week and will now regularly visit your blog for inspiration. Thanks!

pawprintspetsits @ yahoo...

TyTynNiyasmom said...

Beautiful LO. I have really enjoyed your posts. I need to catch up scrapbooking and this was the inspiration I needed to get started. TFS.

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Jill_in_AL said...

Great layout....I really like the white accents on the eyes and teeth. Never have made a banner for a layout either but I really like that feature.

Very won-deer-ful page!

Heather said...

It's been a fantastic week! Love your work, but this is by far my fave!!!
ra6352 (at) gmail (Dot) com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a great week you've had! I hope you enjoyed your week and all the blog love that you've gotten!

Christine Riley said...

Lauren, your work this week, as always, has been amazing! I stop by yoru blog every single day to see what you have in store for us, you are truly so inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing all your projects this week!
Hugs, Christine

Ryansmaama said...

I love the Create A Critter cartridge. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.--Ryansmaama
gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

leo229 said...

this layout its super cute, the colors are just wonderful and you are so good at mixing colors and patterns. I have a stack of papers as big as i am and i'm still lost as to what could go with what. My daughter usually helps me pick.
thank you for sharing.

SaraBug said...

What an awesome layout, all the detail and fun prints. You are so talented. I love my Create a Critter even more now that I have seen what really could be done with it.

Marcia said...

These are precious layouts.. You do such good work.. thanks
I love the Peachy Keen stamps.

Lisa said...

One of the most adorably, beautiful LOs I have ever seen :O) Such awesome detail.. Your creativity is amazing! TFS!! Your lo has inspired me to get in gear and start scrapping again :O)

Aman said...

Love it! I am a big fan of your work. I love all of your layouts! Thanks for inspiring!

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

JodyBlonde said...

I am convinced now that I NEED the critter cart.! You do beautiful work!

callyannc said...

Oh my GOSH! The cutest LO ever. Now I have to pull out my Create A Critter and make this. SUPER groovy. Thanks CallyAnn I love you creativity!!!!
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Maria said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheryl said...

your pages are adoarable! Thank you for taking the time to post all the materials you use.

Amanda said...

This is GREAT! I am sad to see this week come to an end as well b/c I have enjoyed all of you layouts!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

kimdupuy said...

I keep saving all your layouts in my "pictures" section so I can scrap-lift one day. They are awesome!

Lucy said...

Sorry to see your week on PK is over but I will continue to follow you on your blog since I love your work! TFS and the chance to win this fantastic critter set :)

Stephanie said...

This is totally adorable. You can tell each detail took a lot of thought and love. You truly love what you do. Amazing!

Joy said...

Your layouts are so adorable and amazing at the same time! You put so much into each and every piece! You are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring us! God Bless!

Scrapnatic said...

This layout is super cute!! I love all the details! Thanks so much for sharing!!

scrapnatic@yahoo.com

NancyP said...

WOW! What a layout! So much detail and I just love those little critters! You do wonderful work!

Sherrie K. said...

Another beautiful layout!! You really have a eye for detail:) Love your work..Fantastic! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning at msn dot com

ScrapinShana said...

I always love seeing what you create. Your layouts are so inspirational!

skcactusflower75 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Hello Lauren, Your layouts are amazing. How do you make them pop off the page? And the critters all come alive? I would love for my layouts to look like yours. What day are you free for lessons??
Carol
jones61405@comcast.net

Eva said...

love love love this layout...wow, Fantastic!!!

Eva :0)
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/

Live Love and Scrap said...

I still cant get over your talent!!! All your little details are just so amazing!!! lovin your little critters as always!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Kelly Krocker Kreates said...

I found your blog through bug lover cards. Wow what an awesome lay out. I love that you added white stitching to everything. I'm your newest follower