Happy Tuesday! I have another "peachy" project to share with you today! Yesterday I showed you a spring themed layout and today I have a summer project for you! I hemmed and hawed over whether or not I needed to add more images to this layout, but in the end I left it alone.
The minute that I saw these stamps, I knew that wanted little ants to carry Peachy Keen Stamps' Faceless Fruit away from a picnic. Instead of coloring each piece of fruit, I decided to paper piece each piece. If you haven't tried out this technique before, I highly recommend this great tutorial on the Market Street Stamps blog! I have to admit that I am not very speedy when it comes to paper piecing - that's just another reason that I didn't end up adding anything else to the layout. I wanted to make sure that the fruit got all the attention!
I am going to add my journaling to the picnic basket. That should be nerve-wracking....I always like me handwriting - until I add it to my layouts. I try to remind myself that one day Nicole will appreciate my actual handwriting, so it doesn't really matter whether or not it's perfect! Right?
Don't forget that this week's giveaway from Peachy Keen Stamps is the Happy Lashes Face Assortment set!
All you have to do for a chance to win is leave a comment on this post - for an extra entry make sure to leave a comment on the corresponding post on Peachy Keen's blog!
- (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
- (2) 7 x 11 1/4 blue cardstock
- Top Corners EK Success Rounded Corner Punch
- (2) 5 x 11 1/4 green cardstock
- Martha Stewart Dotted Scallop Border Punch
- Picnic Blanket - cut a corner of a 12 x 12 piece of paper and then split in two.
- Photo Mats
- 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 kraft, 5 3/8 x 7 3/8 red and 5 1/4 x 7 1/4 print
- 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 kraft, 5 3/8 x 6 3/8 red and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 print
- (2) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 kraft, 4 3/8 x 4 3/8 red and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 print
- "Summer Fun" sized at 1.475" x 9.02" from Silhouette
- "Picnic Basket" sized at 2.51" x 4.27" from Silhouette
- (8) ants sized at 1.84" x 1.22 from Silhouette
- Peachy Keen Stamps - Faceless Fruit Stamps
- Peachy Keen Stamps - Happy Lashes Face Assortment
- Peachy Keen Stamps - Funshine Face Assortment
- Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots Folder (fun, picnic blanket)
- Bandana Print Paper - Martha Stewart 12 x 12 Camping Themed Stack
- Red Ric-Rac
- Baker's Twine
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Hampton Arts Glimmer Chalk (cheeks)
- Pop Dots
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Make sure to check back tomorrow - I have a fall layout to share. It is perfect for any first day of school pictures you may have!