Monday, August 22, 2011

EAD Hop: Personalized Lunch Set


Happy Monday!  I hope you are hopping along with the EAD Design Team today!  If you arrived here from Joanna's blog, Scrap-Making, then you are in the right spot.  If you have hopped here out of order, then make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog, so you won't miss out on a single project!  
I know a lot of you have kids going back to school this week.  Luckily, I have a few more weeks before Nicole starts preschool.  She has to bring a water bottle and snack every day, and of course the school would like everything labeled.  I thought about getting some personalized things from Pottery Barn Kids, but that's awfully expensive for a three year old.  I instead found a few plain things, and personalized them myself.  This was my first project using vinyl, so I decided to keep it pretty simple.  
Did you know that EAD sells sheets of vinyl in 12 x 12 or 12 x 24 in tons of beautiful colors.  You can find them HERE!  The BEST part...well besides the fact that it cuts beautifully, is that each sheet comes with the transfer tape!  I am so happy with how they turned out.  I wish they would have photographed a bit better, but you'll just have to trust me.  :)  I want to personalize EVERYTHING now.  I'll let you know if I get more adventurous.  

The next stop on today's hop is Liz from Liz's Paper Loft!

Don't forget that this month's color challenge ends on the 25th, so if you haven't entered your project - you still have time!


12 comments:

callyannc said...

She is gonna love this. I love using vinyl! TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love it! What did you use to cut the letters out? Does the vinyl just stick on?

bonnie said...

Perfect project sweetie...looks like you're gonna have fun labelling everything!! ;) Hugs x

Crafty Starkie said...

This is so perfect! I love it! gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

joeygirl86 said...

Soo cute! Love this idea! :)

smyiow said...

That is so fun! I would rock that!!

my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Those turned out so cute!

I had no idea that EAD sold individual sheets of vinyl. I do the same thing, ever time I go shopping, I think... how can I add vinyl to that, or can I etch that? LOL You have to try etching glass, it's really easy.

Ruthie :)

sharon g said...

Good idea--it will be easy for her to see that it's hers if things get a litte mixed up... sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

Sue D said...

These are so cute--I am sure Nicole loves them.

mandalj said...

Perfect for people with names which never appear on the ready-made items in the shops! Lovely!

The Bookin Room said...

AAww! Such a cute idea! I want to do some of my own things now!!
xoxo Charity
thebookinroom.blogspot.com
thebookinroom.hotmail.com

Scrappy Rat said...

Really cute job with the personalization. The polka dots are a nice touch! :)