Friday, August 19, 2011

Forgotten Cards...

So...last night I found a couple of cards that I had forgotten all about!  I made them a few weeks ago to be prepared for this week's Scrappy Moms Stamps sneak peeks.  It obviously didn't really help me out, since I completely forgot about making them.  
Image from Imagine's BEST FRIEND cartridge
One funny coincidence is that the first card was made using the print and cut feature on my Silhouette and the second card was made using my Imagine.  Now the artwork is hard to compare, but I have to tell you - the Silhouette does a really good job.  I purchased a graphic set and was then able to use the Silhouette's software to trace and cut out the images.  There are also a ton of images in the Silhouette's store that are already set up and ready to print and cut - I was just really thrilled to come across this set from Nancy Kubo.  (She designed the Create a Critter cartridge and her images always make me smile.)  

I had big plans to work on layouts this week and it just didn't happen.  I swear that every time that I post about what I am planning to do - it doesn't happen.  I know that I have totally slacked in posting the kids art projects.  I am planning one BIG wrap-up post, and after that I will only share kids crafts here and there.  I have come across some really cute fall crafts that I can't wait to try.  That's it...Happy Friday!  I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

buglvr2010 said...

They are both adorable, Lauren!

Laurie said...

These are sooooo cute!!! Love them both!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Glora said...

Lauren, I'm in love with that top card. In fact I almost died when I saw it because it is VERY similar to a project I'm posting for my Peachy Keen week next week. I've already made it and now everyone is going to think I just copied your awesome idea. Oh well, I really do LOVE it! Amazing job! I think I would absolutely love the cut and copy feature of the Silhouette as well as more Nancy Kubo designs.

Hugs- Glora

Scrappy Mel said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! I really want to try the print and cut but I haven't even cut with my new Silhouette yet! LOL

You are such an inspiriation with your wonderful cards! {{{ HUGS }}}

- Mel

Ririz Noorrahmi said...

love the 2nd card :3 so cute

bonnie said...

These are too cute to have been forgotten...lol I know what you mean though....I've made cards before and sent them out without even taking a photo...lol!! I love Nancy Kubo's designs, it's a shame she is so busy these days and doesn't get to do digital stuff as often as she used to! Your cards rock sweetie! ;) Hugs x

janner said...

Love them both. Which carts are they from?

Amy said...

These are so cute! I love it when I end up being more ahead that I thought!

callyannc said...

Super cute cards! TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

HappyPlaceJen said...

WOW! I can't believe you have forgotten cards! You are one BUSY crafter!! I really like both of these cards. Can you post which cart you used for the Imagine one? Thanks a bunch, Lauren! Have a great week! Looking forward to the kid craft wrap-up and fall craft projects! :) ~ Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Live Love and Scrap said...

They are both ADORABLE!!! I still really want an IMAGINE!!!! One of these days =)

hugs,
Sarah