Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Olivia-aa-aaaa!

I have a couple of quick and easy print and cut projects that I whipped up yesterday afternoon using one of my favorite children's book characters - Olivia.  If you're not familiar with her, she is a super spunky, funny, and extra dramatic pig with a big imagination.  She cracks me up and I always keep a few of Olivia cartoons on our DVR...because it's so much more watchable (probably less educational) than say, Dora.  
I made a two more little mini-composition books.  I love having paper handy, when I am running errands.    It provides an instant activity for impatient little ones.  Nicole thinks she is very grown up if she has her own notepad and pen to make lists just like mommy, and I love when she is so easily pleased!  I decided that Olivia's outfits needed a little sparkle, so added some extra fine glitter to all of her outfits...I'm sure Olivia would approve.  
If you can believe it, I used the brand new Game Day stamp set from Scrappy Moms.  I know...see how versatile they are?  Here's another peek - just in case you haven't seen them yet!
Game Day
Hope you are having a great day!  Today is Nicole's very first school picture day.  We curled her hair with hot rollers (per her request), and then I watched the beautiful curls practically disappear by the time we left the house.  Let's hope they have pictures before recess.  :)

12 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren, those are soo funny and cute too!

scrappy critters said...

OMG.. I LOVE Olivia.. Don't tell me you did this ALL with the silhouette?? I sooo need to learn all there is to know. My friend has pot belly pigs and I think they look JUST like her... AMAZING!!!!

♥Tam

Sheenie said...

Awesome! Will you pretty please do a video to show us how to use the print and cut feature? The print quality is very good. I have the Imagine. Which do you like better?

Craftina said...

I looove Olivia the pig! My daughter's name is Olivia and is very much like the character!! Where o where did you find the printables?

Annette said...

I really like coming to your blog for ideas and inspiration! Olivia is darling and your little one is going to feel so grown up:)
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

OMG Your cards are so cute!! My daughter loves to watch her cartoons. please let us know where you got the printables.

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
mommyscraftycreations atgmail dot com

kim.scrapper said...

Very cute "Olivia" cards. I hope your daughter Nicole's hair was picture perfect for her very first school photo.

Jenni said...

My 3 year old LOVES Olivia and so do I. These cards are just the cutest! Great job, Lauren.
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

Nadia said...

Love Olivia!!! Fantastic project!

GreenScrap said...

Super cute projects!! I love the stamps and of course I LOVE Olivia!! I made a layout of my daughter reading her book a few days ago. My daughter and I love to watch it!! I agree is less educational than Dora but I traded Dora for Bubble Guppies just as educational but a lot less boring. Although is a bad decision since my daughter needs to be bilingual. :/ I really like this post is mom/scrapbook my friends don't scrap :( TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Shonda said...

Love the idea. How was Olivia made?

callyannc said...

My 3 yr old son and I love Olivia! So fun! I never thought about DVR though Duh!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com