Saturday, October 15, 2011

Buggy for Birthdays Blog Hop!

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are hopping along with us today!  Corri from BugLvr Cards is hosting this fun hop today in honor of her birthday!  Happy Happy Birthday Corri!  If you arrived here from Tammy's blog, Scrappy Critters then you are in the right spot.  Don't worry - I will have a complete blog line-up (with links) at the bottom of this post!  Corri is giving away a bunch of cuuutte prizes.  In fact if one of you wins the BEAUTIFUL Snow Day paper and embellies, and you don't want it - I would be happy to take it off your hands.  I'm super helpful like that!
I came up with a funny door hanger to use for a special birthday girl in your life...or for yourself.  
I was rifling through my embellishment drawer and found this cute cupcake sticker.  It's from an American Girl sticker set.  I decided it would be perfect and it saved me from having to add another die cut.  I decided that my little ladybug definitely needed a bit of sparkle...plus while I love this patterned paper - all of the colors are just a tiny bit off from my solid cardstock, so the glitter helps to conceal that a bit.  
I wanted the look of chipboard letters, so I cut out all of the letters THREE times and layered them.  I'm not sure why I didn't consider that it's a bit time consuming to layer all of those teeny letters.  They are all sized at around 1/2 an inch.  Oh well...it was worth it - they definitely look a little more substantial, but it probably would have been quicker to actually use chipboard letters.  :)

The next stop on today's hop is Trish from Techniques by Trish

Blog Hop List

Materials Used:
  • Door Hanger - from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • Sentiment - sized at .5" using Brady Bunch Remastered font
  • Ladybug sized at 2" from Cricut's Birthday Bash
  • Funshine Face Assortment - Peachy Keen Stamps
  • Cupcake Sticker - American Girl Stickers
  • Adhesive Gems
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Fire Opal & Tourmaline
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain

Thank you so much for stopping by - hope you enjoy the rest of the hop!

46 comments:

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Adorable door hanger! Love the bright colors. It's very cheerful! Thanks for sharing.

coupondenise at live dot com

bonnie said...

Oh gosh girly this is so bright and fun and colourful....love it...so cute! ;) Hugs x

Luv Scrapping Together said...

So cute! I love the fun colors!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Amy said...

Really cute Door Hanger! Love all of the little details! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

ADORABLE!!! And don't we always learn how tedious things can be the hard way! Those letters look amazing though - so at least it was worth the effort!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

jessica said...

awesome job Lauren! Love the door hanger, love the DP and love the sparkle!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

grammiej said...

what a cute idea, I have felt that way many times LOL

great job on your project

jashmore1944@att.net

buglvr2010 said...

Adorable, Lauren! I love it! Thanks for hopping with me today!

Dawn said...

How cute!! I know a few people that would love to use this on their doors. I love it. I also think your letters look fabby. A great idea when you are out of certain letters in a set of chipboard alphas!

Latinacreativa said...

This is such a cute door hanger!! Thank you for sharing it, I'm already a follower.-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Glora said...

This is SO super ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I love all the bling and stitching and it is PERFECT! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Lezlye said...

Very Cute Lauren, love the sparkle on the ladybug!

Cathie w said...

awesome projects...TFS!!!


Cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

stefeni said...

CUTE door hanger! I love how he glitters :)

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Linda Dale said...

Awesome door hanger. Love the sparkle and detail.

Brenda66 said...

Your buggy door hanger is so adorable!!

Wendy said...

Love the door hanger. wendy@arrowa.com

Altered by Jenn said...

What a wonderful door hanger :)

help at alteredbyjenn dot com

Linda Harris said...

What a great idea!!! I would need a really big one for my front door. LOL Thanks for sharing today. Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

Ro said...

It was totally worth it since your faux chipboard letters came out so cute. I will definitely have to try that sometime! TFS =)

scrappy critters said...

so stinkin cute Lauren! Love it.


♥Tam

Patti B said...

Neat idea. Never thought of a door hanger. And so cute.

pattispaperfun.blogspot.con

Noreen said...

Very cute bug! I like all the glitter!

k.oconnor1302 said...

Love this door hanger....from the picture it looks as if is leather...

Sherrie K. said...

Love this FUN, bright and cheery door hanger! Love it:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Debican said...

This is way cute. Great idea for the bday girl. TFS Hugs, Debi

Sharon said...

Great door hanger!!! Cute sentiment on it, too! :)

craftaholic said...

TFS!! Very cute door hanger!! Love the Bright colors!!


http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Scrapalajen said...

Ah Lauren, your door hanger made me smile. It's so lively with all those bright colors. TFS!

Laura said...

Oh So Cute! I love that glittery bug!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love all the glitter.

Theresa said...

Your door hanger is just adorable! TFS!
firelass51@aol.com

callyannc said...

Super cute door hanger! TFS CallyAnn

pruttybird said...

That is the cutest door hanger :) Great job!!

pruttybird at comcast dot net

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love It! I am planning on making Door Hangers for my Grand Children. Since they are in there own rooms now. Yours is Awesome. Thanks for Sharing! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

Debbie said...

Such a cute idea. I have to make a couple for my girls.
tfs
bdtktr at gmail dot com
craftinwithmypups.blogspot.com

Lea L. said...

How cute is this?! I love his fun little cupcake....yum!!

Suzy said...

what a fun hop to celebrate Corri's birthday!! what a fun door hanger.. love the 'dont bug me' sentiment! hehe! :) thanks for sharing!
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

Lisa P said...

Very good job on the doodling. Great project.

Sue D said...

Very cute door hanger--I like the glitter.

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is adorable Lauren..of course!!! I love the pattern paper you used & what a great idea!!! I've been a follower for a long time :D
Puppy Hugs!

Kris Dietz said...

What a sweet and colorful door hanger. Love it! TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Kim H said...

Love the bright happy colors. Great touches on the bling stones and glittered bug. Thank you.

Karen L said...

Loving this blog hop with all the cute buggy projects! Cutest door hanger around!

joeygirl86 said...

eeek! this is SO cute!! you ALWAYS make the cutest stuff so that's not a sursprise! lol..I love coming by and seeing what you make! :)

Diane Hodrick said...

That is just adorable!