Monday, October 31, 2011

EAD Monday Hop: Believe

Happy Halloween!  I hope you are hopping along with the EAD Designs DT this morning.  You should have arrived here from Ashley's blog, Heart Hugs Designs, but if not - you can head back to the EAD Designs blog to start at the very beginning. 

 I have a Christmas project to share with you today...I cannot get Christmas off the brain.  Hopefully I won't tire out too soon because I have a lot of Christmas projects planned this year.
I put together a quick little "found" object to tuck in some little nook for Christmas.  The Christmas that I was pregnant with Nicole I started a little "Christmas library," and every year I add a book or two.  This year I am planning on adding The Polar Express, so I thought a little bell in "snow" would be cute.  (It also makes me think of It's a Wonderful Life, but Nicole's a little young for that.)  I know I have some brass bells somewhere, but I couldn't find them.  I decided to cut the bell out of grungeboard instead and I embossed it to give it a little shine.
I used the "believe in magic" sentiment from Christmas Sentiments.  I haven't looked at these in a few months and I had completely forgotten how many fun sayings are included in the set.  I used my favorite rub-ons...I will admit that I wish I would remember to branch out and try other colors besides black.  It was REALLY ridiculously easy to add this to my little glass jar and it is not going anywhere.  (As an aside...my jar is an Archer Farms spice jar from Target.  I love the spices for cooking...but I may be biased because I love the little glass jars so much.  The labels come off so easily and you are left with a really pretty jar.)
Just in case you also forgot about the Christmas Sentiments...here's a peek at the set:

The next stop on today's hop is the fabulous 

Hope you have a great day!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

this is so sweet, i love all those christmas sentiments! happy halloween, hope you guys have a fun day!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is such a sweet project! What a treasure! I think I need to make a sweet little jar like this!

~amy~ said...

Love the altered jar!

Sue D said...

Great Christmas project--love the bell you made.

wendipooh13 said...

oh wow I am sooo lovin that project!!!

mandalj said...

What a cute idea! I need to get started on Christmas too...

sharon g said...

Nice idea. I like how simple it is--you can make a bunch for gifts.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow I love this! That is one of my fav. Christmas books and my son loves it too ( he's a train fanatic so that doesn't hurt either! ) Thanks so much!
Lisa

liz at liz's paper loft said...

adorable idea! I will be adding this to my Christmas decor!!

Nicole said...

This is so cute! I LOVE that movie:)