Monday, October 3, 2011

EAD Monday Hop: Joy!

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fun and relaxing weekend!  I did a little cleaning in my craft room and a little crafting as well.  I hope you are hopping along with us today.  You should have arrived here from our fabulous October Guest Designer Ashley's blog, Heart Hugs Designs.  If not, you can head back to the EAD Designs blog, so you don't miss out on any projects!

I hadn't planned on sharing this project just yet, but I couldn't wait to share it.  I love when a project turns out even better than you planned, and the huge bonus - it was sooo easy.
I found this red tin bucket last year in Target's $1 section and I decided it would be even cuter all spruced up for Christmas!  I first applied the vinyl snowflakes in a random pattern and then used my Silhouette to cut out "joy" using EAD's fabulous vinyl.  This is only my second project using vinyl and I still cannot get over how easy it is to use.  I am going to keep my eyes open for more little red tin pails to use for Christmas gifts this year.  I normally decorate little baskets or boxes for my toffee, but I think little personalized tins would be even cuter and probably more economical.
Snowflake Rub-Ons
These little snowflakes are so pretty and you can order them any a rainbow of colors.  

Can you believe it's already October?  There is a brand new Monthly Steal from EAD!  
October Monthly Steal
The next stop on today's hop is the amazingly talented (and super busy) 
pssst...there are TWO brand new stamp sets debuting this Friday from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  Make sure to check back!

15 comments:

jessica said...

Lauren this is awesome! I love the clean and simple look of this! What a great project!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

oh I love it...dontcha just dig all the fab tins in the T $ spot?!

Christine said...

I love it! I need to go to Target more.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

soooo CUTE! now I have to run back to my blog...I put up the wrong "steal of the month"! :/

Emily said...

I LOVE THIS... So fun & bright

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This tin is ADORABLE! I love it! Perfect for putting little treats in!

Jenny said...

Super cute Lauren! I love the snowflakes; they're definitely going on my 'list.' :)

Jenny
papercutcreations.blogspot.com
papercraftjenny (at) gmail (dot) com

Sue D said...

This is so cute!

Jenn said...

cute cute cute, bring on the holidays!

wendipooh13 said...

oh wow I LOVE that project!!!!! sooo cool!!!

callyannc said...

Oh! I really like this! It is so cute! TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

craftaholic said...

So cute and would love to find some of those as well!!! TFS!!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Very cute project. Gotta love Target for that $1 bin.
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So pretty! This would be fabulous with some of those sented pinecones in it! Everytime I pass them at Joanns I have to make myself stop from just standing there all day and smelling the heavenly cinnamon-christmas scent! LOL Great project! :)

- Mel

Rose said...

love this!! $ you say??? will have to check out my target :)