Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Box Challenge!

Tamara from Happy Life Crafty Wife and Lori Whitlock are hosting a special Halloween Box Challenge. You can head over to Lori's blog to download the files.  The challenge ends today...so if you HURRY, you may have time to put something together!  There's nothing like working on things at the last minute, right? 
I decided to make a giant bow for the top of my box.  I blame it on seeing all of the homecoming mum making materials at Michael's...if you aren't from Texas, you probably don't understand that reference.  I'll just tell you that they are gigantic tacky things...that really have very little to do with an actual chrysanthemum. 

This year I seem to have decided that if I ink the edges of my projects in black, it automatically makes them better suited for Halloween.  ;)
This super cute sentiment is from the Scrappy Moms Bewitched set.  I love that carnival type font - perfect for Halloween.

Two posts in one day...that hasn't happened in awhile!  :)  In case you missed it earlier, if you scroll down I have Scrappy Moms sneak peek posted.  

11 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

LOVE this! The papers and ribbon are perfect!

buglvr2010 said...

Love it Lauren!

Kymberlee said...

Perfectly done :)

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Beautiful job! This is so cute :-)

Ro said...

I totally agree about inking in black!!

beautiful box! =)

sarah said...

Luv your box!!so cute as always ,great projects...

Glora said...

I love it. I'm the same way. A little black inking on the edges and tada it is Halloweeny! This box is GORGEOUS. And I LOVE the huge bow. I need to learn how to make those. This could not be cuter! I LOVE IT!!!!! Hugs- Glora

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is the cutest little Boo box that I've ever seen!!!
Puppy Hugs!

Live Love and Scrap said...

LOOK AT THAT BOW!!! This is an awesome box...LOVE the little ghost peeking out!!!

hugs,
Sarah

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love this, the bow is "perfectly tacky" :)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So AWESOME! I love, love, love the bow!! How did you make it? :)

Mel