Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day!  Who knew there was even such a thing?  The Scrappy Moms' Design Team is celebrating with a blog hop!  If you arrived here from Bonnie's blog, Pink Bon Bons, then you are in the right spot.  I will have a complete blog list at the bottom of this post...just in case you get a bit lost.  Scrappy Moms Stamps will also be giving away a set of the Game Day stamps.  Each blogger will choose a name and then the winner will be chosen from that group!
My watercolor pencils have been so neglected lately, so I decided it was time to practice a bit.  I just figured out to use my Silhouette to trace and cut around my digital stamps...no more x-acto knifes.  How amazing is that?  I am never happy with my x-acto knife skills, so now I don't have to worry about it.  I have only tried it a few times, and I keep forgetting to write down the settings that I use.  (It's on my ever growing to-do list.)  
Normally I use my watercolor pencils with the white cardstock from Papertrey Ink (it can stand up to the watercolors), but I was out.  I ended up using some textured paper from Bazill...not so great.  I thought the textured paper might work really well with the watercolors, but it made it really hard to blend the colors.  

The next stop on today's hop is Lezlye!

Blog Hop List
Materials List








Hope you have a great weekend!  Thank you for stopping by!

36 comments:

Karen said...

love the vintage feel remind me of Jane from the Dick and Jane easy readers back in the day
Karen www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

Awww...SOOO cute!!! LOVE that color combo!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

sheena said...

that little girl is so adorable cute card!
scrappinsheena.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

So cute...I love your colouring sweetie...so pretty! ;) Hugs x

Suzy said...

Love this card Lauren, especially that vintage image. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win. I love SMS!! :)
Suzy suzyq28024@gmail.com

stefeni said...

Very cute! You do an awesome job coloring!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Angie ~ Closet Cricuteer said...

Sweet card. Thanks for shaing.

Debc06 said...

Cute as a button. Love the little girl. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

Eva said...

awe, very sweet and cute card.
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

Amy said...

Really cute card & image (you did a great job of coloring) TFS! :)Amy
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Lezlye said...

Love the retro Girl stamp Lauren. Fabulous coloring job!

Theresa said...

Your coloring is fantastic!!!! I have yet to really get into coloring in my stamps, love using them, just havent mastered the art of coloring them yet :)
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

ChatterScene.com said...

Super cute! I love it!

2LilPrincesses said...

so cute Lauren!!

Candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Such a cute card :)

Jenny
jennykingham at att dot net

Jenscrapstoo said...

Just Adorable.. Love it. Cheers jendewar at optusnet.com.au

Joan said...

Great job coloring! Love the colors you picked. Thanks so much for sharing!
Joan
donebydoretta.blogspot.com

katieo said...

I love the softness of the watercolors.
katieoscreations@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Oh wow, she is adorable, thanks for sharing!

scrappy critters said...

Love how cute this little girl is!

♥Tammy

Luv Scrapping Together said...

I think this image is adorable, Lauren! Love your card!

~Saundra :)

Lisa said...

awww so cute!

Have a scrap-happy day
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! Great paper!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

. said...

She is so cute! Great card.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Ticketgoddess said...

I dusted off my water color pencils too this week...your card is so cute!!

Ticketgoddess said...

I dusted off my water color pencils too this week...your card is so cute!!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

I LOVE IT! She is so adorable and I think you did a great job coloring her! {{{ HUGS }}}

- Mel

Sarah said...

Oh my word-- seriously...you used your Silhouette to cut this...amazing! And of course your coloring is great too :) I am still in awe about it being cut out!

Jeanette said...

very sweet!!

Deanna said...

What a cute card. Love the little girl she is just precious. TFS.

Live Love and Scrap said...

You did an AMAZING job with the coloring!!! She is such a sweet image =)

hugs,
Sarah

buglvr2010 said...

This is awesome! I love that adorable little girl and your coloring is just fabulous!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Beautiful card!!! Beautiful coloring job, so pretty! tfs :-)


-Sam :-)
SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

callyannc said...

Super sweet! TFS CallyAnn

Jingle said...

This is just too cute!

joeygirl86 said...

oh my gosh now that is adorable! good job with the coloring too! :)