Thursday, October 6, 2011

I think you are...

I FINALLY made my own spinner card!  Is it perfect - well, no.  Did it take me three tries to get it right - well, yes...yes it did.  The ridiculously talented and super sweet Glora from Glora's Crafts has been making the cutest spinner cards using Peachy Keen Face Stamps.  I fully intend to try one of those too, but for today I only stole borrowed some of her ideas.  I followed her picture tutorial (you can find it HERE) and came up with a card using some fun Studio G stamps that I found in the Michael's $1 section over the summer.
Here's why it took me three tries to get this right...first I measured incorrectly and made the thought bubble too small to fit my stamps (ugh).  I readjusted my cut file, but I didn't add a little hole for the brad because I thought I would be able to use my little hole punch, but it didn't reach.  I finally got everything situated and I can't believe it really worked.
I really love the little cheese...so cute.
Just so you know...I didn't intend for her to look like she's naked.  Let's just assume she's wearing a scoop neck top or something.

Hope you have a great day!  I will be back tomorrow with some brand new Scrappy Moms Stamps sneak peeks!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Lauren, it is adorable. All that work paid off in the end!
:O)
Jessica

jessica said...

You did an excellent job! I love all the adorable sentiments! I bought that stamp set also and haven't used it yet :)
TFS

Glora said...

You are AWESOME! This is SUCH a cute way to use this type of a card and how sweet of you to refer back to my tutorial, although you really didn't have to because you totally made this YOUR OWN! I LOVE it!!! I'm pretty sure that YOU are the one that is ridiculously talented and SUPER sweet!!!! And honestly I didn't even notice that she was wearing a 'scoop neck' shirt until you mentioned it. Oh yes, and I saw those Studio G stamps a while back and wanted them and then I passed them up. You are totally making me wish I had scooped them up!!!! Hugs- Glora

*Star said...

This is so super cute!! I have loved all of Glora's spinner cards and she has such great instructions but I still have not had the courage to give them a try. Yours turned out so amazing! I love that you did it with a thought bubble instead of the faces. (I never would have thought of that.) great job!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

joeygirl86 said...

omg! this is awesome! love it! those little stamps are so cute!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

This is FABULOUS! She is soo adorable - great job! :)

Mel

- said...

Such a great card. You did an awesome job. I have been seeing alot of these cards. You are making me want to try one out. I'm headed over to Glora's now. lol
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Shelly said...

Wow! This is just so CUUUUTE! I love her heart mouth! Wonderful Job!
Shelly

Jens Craft Corner said...

Lauren, everything you do is just gorgeous! I love your spinner card. That is just adorable. You are so talented. Beautiful work!

SaraBug said...

I love your spinner card, very clever way to use those stamps.