Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Layout

I am still following my new scrapbook strategy - scrap current pictures FIRST.  I actually finished this layout one day after taking the pictures - woohoo!  Most of my layouts are fairly "cutesy," so I stepped outside of my comfort zone and did something a little bit different than last year's pumpkin patch layout
I ordered some new paper last week and I couldn't wait to use the Sidewalks collection from October Afternoon.  In fact - I like it soo much that it could explain why this layout is a bit sparser than normal.  I am having a hard time using it.
I am still crossing my fingers that Santa will bring me a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas...we'll see.  Since, I still have the Silhouette SD - I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the large circle for the background...you may be able to use a circle cutter to achieve the same thing if you don't have an Expression or the Cameo.  (For those of you that already have a Cameo...I'm trying not to have Cameo envy.)

Materials Used:

  • (2) 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
  • Photo Mats
    • (1) 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
    • (4) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • Circle sized at 10 3/4 from Cricut's George and Basic Shapes (I tried to cut it at approx 7")
  • "pumpkin patch" sized at 3.015 x 4.520 from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • "tree" sized at 10.270 x 7.860 from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
    • I "ungrouped" the tree, so I could cut the circles out of different cardstock.  I'm not sure exactly how many I ended up cutting.  I also increased the size to have some larger circles to mix in with the smaller...if you are scraplifting, just play around with it.)
  • "scallop" border sized at .755 x 12 from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • "flag" shape sized at .795 x 3.305 from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • "october" PilGi font 
  • "tag" shape sized at 4.250 x 1.015 (I'm using this as a journaling space) from Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • Patterned Paper from October Afternoon's Sidewalk Collection
  • Solid Cardstock from DCWV Brights Textured Cardstock Stack
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sketch Inspiration

My "shop" is now open for business.  Right now I am not taking custom orders, so once something is gone...it's gone.  I'll be adding to the shop here and there...it will kind of depend what kind of response I get.  If you have any questions about any of the items listed, please do not hesitate to ask.  If there's a card I've made in the past that you liked, but don't see it...email me - I may still have it, but just didn't put it in the store yet.

16 comments:

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the modern twist you gave this layout!! You are so inspiring and always so careful with the details!! I'm hoping Santa has a Cameo under my tree, too! For now, the SD will just have to do. ;) Fabulous layout, Lauren! Congrats on opening your shop!! :) Hugs, Angelica

tracym110 said...

That is a beautiful layout! I just love all the stitching and everything about it!
Tracy M
tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

Crafty Starkie said...

I seriously <3 your layouts so much! They are so perfect each and every time! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent!

gettincrarftystarkie.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! That is super cute. I love the entire layout. I'm not a scrapbooker, but the wheels in my brain are going. I would love to use this tree with the circle leaves on a card... hmmm...

Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.com

joeygirl86 said...

oh wow this came out sooo good! I just got that collection too and I totally know what you mean when you don't want to use the papers! lol..I try to to stretch my nicer collections. ;) Love that big tree and all the circles falling like leaves, great job! ..good luck with your shop! :)

Sue said...

What a super layout! So bright and cheery and the tree just rocks!
TFS
Sue
ps I'll have to start doing this (scrapping the current instead of adding it to the piles from the past. Thanks for that hint.

Christine said...

wow - I love it. I'd tell you more about why I love it but I am typing and holding my 6 month old.

Annette said...

You really are inspiring! This is an awesome layout once again:)

Cherie said...

LOVE your Layout!! I have not been able to craft for a few weeks, and I have been struggling seeing everyone making amazing craftiness things, and this layout is making me envious! I love the way you did the tree. It turned out AMAZING!! (A Cameo is on my list too, I think I have dropped a million hints to my husband...) I will keep my fingers crossed for you too!

L.B. said...

LOve this paper s wonderful and the layout is great with all the polka dots/leaves

Pat N. said...

Your layout is great--very nice!--Pat N.

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So adorable - you did a great job stepping outside your comfort zone!! :D

- Mel

Houses Built of Cards said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE the kraft paper as the background!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this new layout! The colors are amazing. I have been looking forward to a new layout from you. I love blogs that post layouts too. So many these days are only cards. You are a great inspriration. Keep the layouts coming! Thanks for sharing your awesome talent. :)

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is just darling Lauren!!!
Puppy Hugs!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Its gorgeous Miss Lauren!!! I LOVE the circles instead of leaves...you are such a crafty genius my friend!!!

hugs,
Sarah