Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scrappy Moms - Believe in Miracles Peek!


It's day two of the Scrappy Moms Stamps sneak peeks!  Today I have a project using a few stamps from the brand new Believe in Miracles set.  Melanie and Tammy are donating $2 from the sale of each set to support cancer research and patient care (it's going to a certain well known society, but they are still waiting to hear back from the before mentioned society for approval to use the name and/or logo).  Don't forget that they are also offering FREE shipping through October 16th!

  My project today is making light of an IMPORTANT subject.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, BUT all of you (ladies) out there should be doing self checks EVERY month and YEARLY mammograms.  Don't forget!  I know three women all under the age of 35 that were diagnosed with breast cancer and early detection made such a huge difference in their overall experience with the disease - so DO IT!  (Sorry to yell at you!)
To make the sentiments curve I actually had to trim the "I've been Squeezed" sentiment down a bit.  I know...it's a bit terrifying to cut your stamps, but I promise it was not a bit deal.  I tried making the sentiment curve without trimming it, but it wouldn't work.  I used my small detail scissors to trim away a bit of the excess polymer on the top of the stamp.  I also used the Martha Stewart embossing powder for the first time and I am REALLY impressed with it.  It is super fine, and it didn't leave as many (if any) little holes.  I think I may try her white embossing powder very soon.  

Nicole designed a super cute Breast Cancer Awareness button...you can get the code to add to your blog over on her site - Canadian Nickel Scrap'n.  Nicole designed two hilarious cards last year for a breast cancer awareness hop you can check them out HERE! They both still make me smile.  :)
Materials Used:
  • Bra Shaped card: Girly Set (girly_set_C20090824135829_20387) from Silhouette Online Store
    • I welded two shapes together and then cut another plain bra in black for the front.  (I did add circles to the "front" of the bra to create a little scalloped ruffle.
  • Sentiments - Scrappy Moms Stamps Believe in Miracles Set
  • Jewels - Michael's
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

5 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh my gosh girly this is soooo stinkin' cute...love it and want one! ;) Hugs x

Live Love and Scrap said...

LOVE IT LAUREN!!! I am loving all these boobie cards...gonna have to try to make one =)
Oh and PS....I just had my boobies sqeezed this SUmmer =)

hugs,
Sarah

Jens Craft Corner said...

Too cute! I love the breast cancer awareness theme. It certainly is very important. Great card!

- said...

Love, love, love the card. That sentiment just makes it!! It put a smile on my face.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

joeygirl86 said...

hehe, love this card! the bling is the perfect touch! :)