Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scrappy Moms Sneak Peeks!



I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  I have two projects to share with you today.  I was hoping to take better pictures, but it looks like it's going to be pretty cloudy today, so I think this may be as good as it gets.  I was straightening up my craft room (does anyone else feel like their craft room/area always needs to be straightened?) last week and I ran across a piece of cardboard packaging that I had saved with the intent to make a wreath.  This wreath is pretty tiny - the cardboard form was only about 6 1/2 inches, so even with the leaves attached, it only measures about 7 to 7 1/2" across.  It's perfect to hang from a doorknob or even for someone's play area.  That's where this one is probably headed.  
I used another sentiment from my new favorite set A Holiday to Remember.  I love sets of stamps that encompass multiple occasions - it saves $$ and space.  Don't forget that Scrappy Moms is offering FREE shipping on all sets now through October 16th!  
Last week I made some pumpkin bread and instead of making two regular sized loaves, I made one regular and one set of mini-loaves.  I had every intention of giving the set of mini-loaves away, but only one survived to giveaway.
I used the "popcorn" box from Tags Bags Boxes and More for the base and then added some of my leftover leaves.  I was planning on entering this in the Peachy Keen LFIF challenge, but it didn't turn out quite as cute as I planned.  I am so torn about gift packaging.  On one hand, I want it to be special, but on the other - I already made pumpkin bread, so should I spend an hour on something that will definitely be thrown away?  I'm just not sure.

 Hope you are having a great day!  Today is my 9th wedding anniversary.  We are celebrating at home tonight because we already celebrated last week with a night out.

Happy Anniversary Brandon!  I love you!
We were married in a very beautiful chapel in downtown Fort Worth.  The little chapel is attached to a much larger church, but I liked it because it is small and had a center aisle.  These are the things you worry about when you are 22 and getting married.  I wanted the church to look full and I wanted a center aisle. Check and check.  Do you see the wreaths on the door?  I loved them.
Here's one more picture...I couldn't help it.  

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary Lauren! You were a beautiful bride :)

Jenny

joeygirl86 said...

Your projects are so cute! Love the Peachies too! Happy Anniversary! You look sooo beautiful in your wedding dress! Hope you two love birds have a special night! :)

Glora said...

Beautiful projects I love the beautiful autumn themes. Awesome job! And happy anniversary. I hope it is a wonderful day for you! Hugs- Glora

Live Love and Scrap said...

OH my goodness Miss Lauren!!! What a beautiful bride!!!!! Doesnt the time go SOOO fast. Thomas and I will celebrate our 10th Anniversary next month....GASP!!!!!
LOVE both projects...very cute!!!
hugs,
Sarah