Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!  We are doing something a little bit different this week and instead of picking a cartridge - we are doing a color challenge!  I hope you will play along with us this week - just come up with a NEW fall themed project using teal and brown.  You can link up your project HERE!

I am not sure how typically "fall-like" my project turned out, but I guess in the end I was going for a fall feeling.  (?)  This was one of those projects that should have been so straight forward, but it ended up taking me forever to get it to come together.  I was having some major stamping trouble yesterday, so ended up cutting out the gift card holder FOUR times.  (FOUR times!!!)  My original plan was to use this pretty woodgrain (or the fancier word for woodgrain - faux bois) paper, BUT I ended up ruining all of my pretty paper because evidently I forgot how to stamp yesterday.  Oh well...if that was the worst thing that happened to me yesterday, I think I am ok.  I did find out that I can use my new Sizzix Flower Die to cut out tissue paper.  I just folded it, so there were about 10 or so layers.  

I used the brand new A Holiday to Remember set from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  Don't forget that Scrappy Moms Stamps is offering FREE Shipping through 10/16!

6 comments:

Lezlye said...

Lauren, This turned out so pretty. I'm not loving mine...

bonnie said...

So elegant sweetie ;) Hugs x

Sherrie K. said...

Very pretty Lauren!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

seriously gorgeous lauren!!!

joeygirl86 said...

Wow this is really pretty! LOVE your flowers!

Live Love and Scrap said...

UGH....I hate when projects turn into a chore like that!!! Sorry you had so many problems....but it turned out very beautiful!!!!!!!

hugs,
Sarah