Saturday, November 19, 2011

Last Minute Thanksgiving Decorations!

Gobble Gobble!  I have a few fun and kid friendly Thanksgiving decorations to share with you.  These all come together really fast and would be perfect for a kid's table.  First let me introduce you to Fred the Turkey.  I saw this in a Parents magazine, but completely forgot about it until I saw it on Pinterest.  This came together so fast and I liked him so much that I made a similar turkey for Nicole's preschool class.  One tip...in the original instructions it tells you to cut an inch or so off the bottom of the styrofoam ball.  I don't think I cut enough, so once I attached the turkey's little head - it kept tipping over.  I improvised by adding some little feet to help keep him steady.  I used two popsicle sticks tucked into the yarn and then covered the exposed popsicle sticks with felt.  
I made these little boats for each Nicole's classmates.  I had planned on putting two little Hershey's Kisses in each one, but once I saw the little mini pies that another mom had brought for dessert - I decided to take pity on the teacher and not give them any more sugar.  Ten three year olds on a sugar high seemed like a bad idea.  ;)  I found this little 3D boat in the Silhouette Online Store, but HERE is a template for a similar boat.  These would be sweet filled with little jelly beans or even pebbles...again - I didn't think either or those ideas would work for preschoolers.   
I also made Nicole a super simple turkey shirt...just don't look at my stitching too closely.  Ok?  I actually just free-handed the turkey and feathers...I didn't even pull out the Cricut or Silhouette.  

I hope you have a great weekend!  I will be back on Monday for another fun EAD Designs Hop and Tuesday marks the start of a brand new Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!  I am hoping to have our Advent calendar finished this weekend, and share it sometime next week!

3 comments:

L.B. said...

All 3 super cute...That Fred turkey to fun.
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

- said...

How cute!! You did a great job.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Jennifer said...

What fun ideas, Lauren!!! :)

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com