Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scrappy Moms Peek & a Quick Holiday Project!

Happy Tuesday!  I have two quick projects to share with you today.  I have another sneak peek at the newest Freshly Brewed set from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  I altered this little silhouette to mimic a similar cut from the Love You a Latte Cricut Lite cartridge.  I found this cute lady in Silhouette Online Store and added a little tray and cup.  Here's another peek at the new set!
I also have a quick project that I made on Friday to share with you too!  Nicole's preschool is having holiday pictures today, which you know probably means a cheesy holiday themed backdrop.  I didn't want to send her to preschool in her actual Christmas dress, and everything else she has would clash with a Christmas themed backdrop...so I decided to go casual.  (What are the chances that the pictures will turn out anyway?  School pictures rarely EVER look good...especially when this is the "smile" she gives you when you ask.)  
I found a few holiday shirt ideas on Pinterest and gave Nicole the choice between a reindeer or a Christmas tree.  She chose the reindeer.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the little reindeer is made out of felt.  I used Heat 'n Bond Lite to apply it to the shirt and then just used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges.  (You don't have to do that, since felt won't fray.  If you don't plan on sewing around the edge, make sure to use the Heat 'n Bond Ultra Hold.)  You can find the project instructions on the Noodles & Milk blog HERE!  Her directions are really easy to follow and she even has the template for the reindeer for FREE!  
I made her a matching ponytail streamer.  These are my favorite because they are easy to make and I don't worry about them falling out on the playground.  You can find my instructions HERE!


8 comments:

Laura said...

This is almost as adorable as she is! Pinterest is awesome for reasons just like this! ♥ it!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Adorable projects for an ADORABLE princess!!!!!
Love the card too....your bow is beautiful and I love the tag you stamped the sentiment on!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Beckie said...

Super awesome ideas. I love 'em.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! I love the reindeer shirt - so adorable! :D

- Mel

L.B. said...

Love this card...the patterned paper makes it pop so much
http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

janner said...

She is getting so big. What a beautiful child. I've followed all her baby layouts. Cute reindeer and matching bow. Really fun card. I ordered the stamps. Would you please do a card or project with the sentiment Let off steam. I have the Love you a latte cart.
Thanks,
Jan

Kristin said...

Aww what a beautiful little girl:) I love your projects!!

joeygirl86 said...

what a sweet card..I LOVE the cute hair bow! great job! :) and your little model is adorable!