Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of 2011: Crafts

I wasn't planning on doing a craft round-up for the year, but as I was reviewing my cards and layouts, I realized that I worked on a lot of projects that didn't fit into either category. 

My daughter is trying to decide between Strawberry Shortcake and Fancy Nancy for her fourth birthday, so we'll see if I can manage to stay away from licensed supplies for a second year in a row.
I bought out our Target's supply of gable boxes last year, and made a few different versions.  This one is my favorite.
Sadly, this wasn't for an actual party.  I did get to enjoy the cake though.  ;)
I think I may do something similar for my daughter's teacher for teacher appreciation week.  
This project got more hits than anything else this year...so here it is again.  I still love it and can't wait to put it out again next fall.

I had plans to add some more to this hat, but ended up leaving it as is.  Maybe I'll change it up next year.
I really like this and I think that next year I may do something similar, but make pajama pants to go with it.
I was sad to put this one away when I took down our Christmas decorations.  It took A LOT of time, but I know that we will use it for many years to come.  
This project was so easy and I loved having it on our hearth for Christmas.  I filled it with some of our Christmas books.
This was a late edition to our Christmas decorations, but I am so happy to have it.  I think next year I may make a few for gifts.  

Whew!  This year was full of lots of ups and down in my personal life as well as my crafty life, and I can't wait to see what next year brings.  Thank you for continuing to visit my blog and for leaving such nice comments!  Happy New Year!

9 comments:

bonnie said...

All so beautiful and creative I love each and every one of them so much! ;) Happy New Year sweetie...Hugs x

Saundra said...

Fabulous projects, Lauren! You provide more inspiration than you know. Thank you for sharing your talent with us! Happy New Year to you and your family! ~ Hugs!!

Glora said...

These were all beautiful projects. I'm REALLY so in LOVE with that Minnie hat still! It is perfect! And I should have hired you to help decorate for my daughter's birthday! You are amazing! Hugs- Glora

Card Creations by C said...

I would love to see a video of you making the yarn wreath...I want to make a spring/summery one for my aunt for her birthday in march. I am picturing something with blue yarn for the base, some brighter colors on top of that. Then I want to use my flower shoppe cart and my melting pot to make some glossy paper 3D flowers to embellish it with and some butterflies too. I a picturing it being very lovely in my head so I hope it turns out that way and what a nice gift it would be.

I just love all your projects. Sorry I haven't been commenting much, I have had a very hectic 6 months and then the last month of the year was really rough but I am looking forward to 2012 :). Sounds like you had some rough times this past year too so I hope 2012 blesses your family and allows you to feel your most creative!

Jenny said...

Wishing you a much better 2012 Lauren! You are an AMAZING crafter and I take SO much from each and every post. You were the first blog that I ever read/found in my crafting adventure and I am SO happy for that! Many blessings for you in the upcoming year.

Jenny
papercraftjenny(at)gmail(dot)com

L.B. said...

GREAT!!! Love it all especilly that first day of school wreath...as for Fancy Nancy Party...YES but even if you want to stay away from buying stuff..new paper line at Michaels for her!!

joeygirl86 said...

All of your crafts are so fun, it's hard to pick a fave! Happy New Year! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Awesome Lauren! these are some of my favorites too! Happy New Year!!!

Debc06 said...

Wow all your projects were great but Loved the witches hat and the Christmas projects were wonderful. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com