Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011: Scrapbook Layouts

Alright...it's that time again.  Last year I posted my favorite layouts and cards, so I decided I should continue.  I'm starting with some of my scrapbook pages and tomorrow I will share a few cards.  

Confession...I did not do as much scrapbooking as I would have liked in 2011.  There were some things going on in my personal life throughout the year that basically zapped my creativity for weeks at a time.  While it's fun to look back at some of my projects, I'm really looking forward to a new year and hopefully lots more projects.

This is my favorite layout of all time.  I created it for my Peachy Keen Stamps guest designer week, and it's one of those rare projects that turned out better than I had planned.

I worked on a few Disney themed layouts last year (I still have a few to finish) and this one came out the best.  While I love the characters, sometimes it's hard to fit them into a layout without it looking REALLY cheesy.  

This makes me miss my Imagine...a little bit.  

I tried a more modern look for this layout.  It also helped conserve my patterned paper.  ;)

I chose this one because while I love how it turned out, I didn't think I was ever going to finish it.  Not to be a huge downer, but we got some bad news right as I was in the middle of working on this.  (Kind of funny now, since the theme of the layout was "life's a beach.")



Sweet
Big Girl
Making Spirits Bright

Thanks for stopping by today! 

14 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great selection!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

I so remember loving that pumpkin patch layout glad to see all of these!

Jenny said...

I love them all Lauren! I'm sorry that 2011 wasn't a super year for you (it wasn't for me either), so here's to an AWESOME (and crafty) 2012 for both of us :)

Jenny
papercraftjenny(at)gmail(dot)com

Christine said...

I love your layouts! I need to get back in the scrapbooking mode and your post is inspiring me to do just that.

Rachel said...

I can't even pick a favorite from the ones you posted. I love all of them!

Saundra said...

Lauren, I have always loved your layouts. I so would love to create them the way you do! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!!

Melissa said...

Lauren, you should have posted everything from 2011! I just love everything you put on your blog!!

2LilPrincesses said...

love all these layouts Lauren!! You are so inspiring!!! I also did a favorite project countdown this year! I can't wait to see the projects you share in the next year!!!

Candace
www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

Glora said...

Great choices! I just LOVED these! I'm especially still drooling over the top 2! You are AMAZING! Happy New Year! Hugs- Glora

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with in the new year....I think you have an amazing talent at putting together scrapbook pages! They are always my favourite!! :) All the best for 2012!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Beautiful layouts! :-)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I loved these the first time I saw them and still do! thanks for reminding us how awesome you are with paper! :)

krissytrebony@hotmail.com said...

love your style for layouts! Thanks for inspiring!

janner said...

Amazing layouts! You are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing because I love your style.