Monday, December 19, 2011

EAD Monday Hop: Dear Santa

Happy Monday!  Can you believe that Christmas is less than a week away?  I've been busy playing nurse to a sick little one and husband, so I feel like I am a little bit behind in my Christmas preparations.  I hope you are hopping along with us this morning!  You should have arrived here from Joanna's blog, Scrap-Making!  If not, make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog to start at the very beginning.  I have a cute Christmas project to share with you today.  Even if you don't have time to finish this for this year...it would be a fun project to tuck away for next year!
I saw THESE signs from Pottery Barn Kids and I really wanted one to add to our Christmas decorations, but I didn't want to spend that much on a wooden sign that I could easily DIY.  I found this wooden plaque at Michael's for $1.99.  I cut out an artisan shape using my Silhouette, and then traced it onto the wood plaque.  Once I managed to paint the red border, I added polka dots using the handle of a paint brush and distressed the edges with a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  You could cut out the words yourself in vinyl...or you could let EAD do it for you!  My Personalized Dear Santa vinyl is apple green, but you can get it in TONS of colors.
Personalized Dear Santa

The next stop on today's hop is 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

CUTE!!!! I love it!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

just adorable!!! hope everyone is getting better soon!

Ro said...

Love this!! You did an awesome job. =)

Bonnie said...

Really sweet looking, great idea

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! Super cute idea and an awesome decoration :) Thanks Lauren!

Jenny
papercraftjenny(at)gmail(dot)com

Crafting Katie said...

So adorable! I love it!

Emily said...

Very cute!

NinaDee said...

Love this little sign...what a cute idea!! ninadee@sbcglobal.net