Monday, December 12, 2011

EAD Monday Hop: Glass Etching

Happy Monday!  It's time again for a fun hop with EAD Designs!  If you arrived here from Joanna's blog, Scrap-Making, then you are in the right spot.  I tried glass etching for the very first time using some of EAD's wonderful vinyl.  You can find it HERE!  It comes in 12 x 12 and 12 x 24 pieces WITH transfer tape.
I had a little bit of trouble getting my design situated on the glass.  I think I probably would have been better off trying this on a flat surface first.  I originally tried to attach the scrolls and "S" in one piece, but I just couldn't manage to get the design in the right spot and maybe more importantly completely flat.  Since that didn't work, I ended up separating each piece, and I trimmed away as much excess as possible.  I have to tell you - all in all, I can't believe how easy it really is to do.  I can't wait to try it again.

The next stop on today's hop is 
Liz from Liz's Paper Loft!


Have you entered this month's color challenge?  You still have plenty of time to join!  
Link up your project HERE!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a fun project Lauren...never tried the glass etching before!

Crafting Katie said...

Yay, it was a success! That turned out so pretty, Lauren!

Maria said...

very cute
marial302003@yahoo.com

Nancy said...

Your glass etching is beautiful. I have some that I have to get done.

Jenny said...

So pretty! What a great idea for a gift :)

Jenny
papercraftjenny@gmail.com

Sue D said...

Very elegant!

bonnie said...

Oh so beautiful sweetie...fab first go....the bowl looks so pretty now! ;) Hugs x

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Just beautiful!!! you are sooo brave to do that on glass! I find that sooo hard to do! :)

Glora said...

I still haven't tried doing this yet! It kind of scares me. You did a beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

callyannc said...

I always love coming to your blog! So fun and super cool projects! TFS callyAnn