Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a good day so far. I have another sneak peek of Dancing Circles from the Scrappy Moms Stamps December release. I made a layout to commemorate my daughter's first sleepover at her grandparents' house. I've never included an image stamp in a layout before, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. (Plus, this little sweetie from Mo Manning reminds me soo much of my little one.)
I added the little button "garland" at the last minute. I had everything all put together, but it was missing something and the "cute as a button" sentiment gave me the perfect excuse to add lots of buttons. I literally just laid out my buttons in a random pattern and then started threading them onto a length of baker's twine. I am completely out of glue dots, so I used a teensy tiny amount of hot glue (that wasn't all that hot) to attach the buttons to the page. I started with the center button and worked my way to the edge.
Here's a close-up of the stamped image. I think I've finally gotten the hang of coloring on kraft cardstock. I ended up using my white gel pen, so the white would really pop. I had been having trouble with the skin tone, so I ended up coloring that last and I didn't use any water to blend it. I did add some chalk to give it a little more depth...but that's it.
Here's another peek at the newest set! Don't forget that everyone who orders Dancing in Cirlces between December 9-18th will be entered to win a 1 1/2" circle punch and the coordinating 2" scalloped circle punch.
- 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
- 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
- Photo Mats:
- 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (green) and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (kraft)
- 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (green) and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (kraft)
- 4 1/4 x 6 (kraft)
- (4) 1 1/4 x 4" October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
- "A Very Special Day" Silhouette Online Store
- Stamped Image
- Slumber Party Dena - Mo's Digital Pencil
- Scalloped Rectangle & Mat - Silhouette Online Store
- "Cute as a Button" - Scrappy Moms Stamps Dancing in Circles Set
- Buttons - October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
- Baker's Twine
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Don't forget to check out all of the Scrappy Moms Design Team blogs - we will all have LOTS of new projects featuring the two new sets over the next week!