Saturday, December 10, 2011

Scrappy Moms Peek: Cute as a Button!

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are having a good day so far.  I have another sneak peek of Dancing Circles from the Scrappy Moms Stamps December release.  I made a layout to commemorate my daughter's first sleepover at her grandparents' house.  I've never included an image stamp in a layout before, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.  (Plus, this little sweetie from Mo Manning reminds me soo much of my little one.)
I added the little button "garland" at the last minute.  I had everything all put together, but it was missing something and the "cute as a button" sentiment gave me the perfect excuse to add lots of buttons.  I literally just laid out my buttons in a random pattern and then started threading them onto a length of baker's twine.  I am completely out of glue dots, so I used a teensy tiny amount of hot glue (that wasn't all that hot) to attach the buttons to the page.  I started with the center button and worked my way to the edge.
Here's a close-up of the stamped image.  I think I've finally gotten the hang of coloring on kraft cardstock.  I ended up using my white gel pen, so the white would really pop.  I had been having trouble with the skin tone, so I ended up coloring that last and I didn't use any water to blend it.  I did add some chalk to give it a little more depth...but that's it.

Here's another peek at the newest set!  Don't forget that everyone who orders Dancing in Cirlces between December 9-18th will be entered to win a 1 1/2" circle punch and the coordinating 2" scalloped circle punch.

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 kraft cardstock
  • 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
  • Photo Mats:
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (green) and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (kraft)
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (green) and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (kraft)
  • Title 
    • 4 1/4 x 6 (kraft)
    • (4) 1 1/4 x 4" October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
    • "A Very Special Day" Silhouette Online Store
  • Stamped Image
  • "Cute as a Button" - Scrappy Moms Stamps Dancing in Circles Set
  • Buttons - October Afternoon - Sidewalks Collection
  • Baker's Twine
  • Brads
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

Don't forget to check out all of the Scrappy Moms Design Team blogs - we will all have LOTS of new projects featuring the two new sets over the next week!

9 comments:

Savahanna said...

Wow great layout. I just LOVE all your layouts. You are soo talented. This little girl is super cute. Great page

Saundra said...

Love your layouts, Lauren!! This turned out so cute!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Yay! A layout! I absolutely love all your layouts and am always excited to see you post one. This one is too cute. Love the colors you chose. Thanks for showing us your amazing work. :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Awww...what an ADORABLE layout!!! I love stamping and coloring on kraft paper - ours looks fabulous!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Christine said...

wow - I totally love it. Love the buttons.

Christine said...

oh no - Pinterest won't let me pin your awesome layout.

Christina Collins said...

Oh! The lovely colors! This is adorable. I love everything about it!

Christine Riley said...

Awesome layout, Lauren, this is amazing! Love it!
Hugs, Christine

janner said...

Love your layout. You always use the best colour combinations.