Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Scrappy Moms Peek: Hooray for Birthdays!

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are having a good week so far.  I have another sneak peek of the brand new Hooray for Birthdays set from Scrappy Moms Stamps!  I have been wanting to try making little paper "candles" for awhile, and I'm so glad I did.  It's a great way to use up a few pretty paper scraps.  I can't wait to try these on a birthday scrapbook page.

To create the "candles" I trimmed my scrap pieces to 2 x 4" and then ran a little bit of ATG tape down one end.  Once I secured the end, I just added a little piece of baker's twine to the top to create a wick.  Easy!  They at least fooled my three year old because she asked me why I used birthday candles on a card.  

Here's another peek at the brand new set!
Hooray for Birthdays!

Materials Used:
Nicole is supposed to have her first EVER school program tonight, but she's been sick since Saturday.  We have a doctor's appointment today, so hopefully it's just a cold and she'll feel better in time.  So...that's where we will be this afternoon at 1pm.  Think of us because it will take a lot of patience to survive the pediatrician's office in December in the middle of the day at what is normally Nicole's nap time.  Good times.  :)

9 comments:

Saundra said...

Love this idea for candles!! Your card is so pretty!

I hope Nicole is well soon. It's no fun being sick and missing out on her first program.

Hugs,
Saundra

~amy~ said...

super fun and clever...I LOVE it!

bonnie said...

Such a fabulous idea sweetie...love the sweet colours...so pretty! ;) Hugs x

Glora said...

This card is the CUTEST!!!! Those candles are PERFECT! you come up with the best ideas. And the papers are FANTASTIC!!!! I'm sorry to hear about Nicole. My daughter missed her first school Halloween party because she was super sick and she was so disappointed. So I feel for you. I hope she is feeling better REALLY soon! (Oh and I hope that the doctor visit went alright too). Hugs- Glora

Jennifer said...

Lauren,

Those candles are too CUTE!!! :) What a great idea! I'll have to try those...

Thanks so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Live Love and Scrap said...

GET OUT!!!! These candles are soooo cute I cant even stand it =)

Hope Nicole is feeling better =( Poor little pumpkin!!!

hugs,
Sarah

2LilPrincesses said...

Hope the Dr's office went ok! I feel your pain! I have a 3 year old and 1 year old and DREAD taking them to the Dr!!

Love the candles!! I'm definitely trying this!!

Candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

PS - I can't wait until you post some more layouts!! I live for them! :)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

FABULOUS!! Such a cute idea - I love the fun papers too! :D

- Mel

liz at liz's paper loft said...

darling card, Lauren! love the candles, so creative!