Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lucky!

Good morning crafty friends!  I got to play with some of the brand new stamps released by Peachy Keen Stamps last week!  Have you seen the brand new Stamp of the Month kit?  It's super cute. 
 I just got a set of Copics last week, so I've been doing a bit of practicing.  What do you think?  I have been using watercolor pencils for a little over a year, and I finally got frustrated with the results I've been getting.  I LOVE them for really detailed images, but when I tried coloring bigger less detailed images - I couldn't achieve the results I wanted.  I should probably take a class at some point, but for now...I'm just having fun playing around with them.  You will probably be subjected to some less than perfect coloring attempts in the months to come...so you've been warned.  ;)
I wasn't sure what to do with this cute little hat once I'd colored it, but then I saw the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge sketch...and new it would work perfectly.  I've been a lurker for some time, but I think I am finally going to link up my card this week!  
Materials Used:

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Hope you have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute Lauren!!! And your coloring is FABULOUS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

lou said...

Jeepers WOW-Za, what an really nice
color & shade combo! Ur 1st time?
Really? Seems like U'll easily B on
Ur way 2 GREAT-NESS<(^O*)>

Sheenie said...

Love the coloring, Lauren! I've been thinking about biting the bullet and buying a set of Copics too. I've heard they give much better results. I've looked at a few of the color packs. What set did you end up purchasing?

DoBea A. said...

This is so adorable Lauren!!

Jenny said...

Nice work Lauren! I love the colors-that green is so fun. Let me know how you like the Copics, as I haven't jumped on that train {yet}. :)

Jenny

Glora said...

I thought those looked like Copics. I think your shading and coloring is beautiful. I've had my set for a year and I'm still experimenting and feeling VERY much like a novice, but they are fun. Beautiful card!!!! I LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

Saundra said...

Fabulous card, Lauren! I love the embossed background and your did a wonderful job with your coloring! I have a few Copics that I am playing around with but haven't decided if I want to invest in those or keep working with pencils. I so do not need to spend more money on something I may not use.

Dawn said...

I love that card and the shamrock background...awesome. Your coloring is great. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your Copics!

Dawn
DeeGeeScraps

~amy~ said...

cute cute cute...I'm a huge fan of GREEN:)

Rosie said...

love your card!!! your coloring is awesome also


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

janner said...

Amazing colouring! I just joined the stamp of the month club and love all your projects. I didn't order the shamrock background it's very effective. What embossing powder did you use?
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

janner said...

Sorry! I just saw the kind you used.

Lisa said...

Oh this is so fun and festive! Love that sweet little hat ;)

Cindy :) said...

so cute, I saw them yes, but I really wanted the 8 die cut spring release set, since our 30th Anniv, is in March, I talked hubby into it :) I can get stamp sets later, LOL

Karen Giron said...

This is so cute! I love all the embossed clovers and the colors are perfect for St. Patty's day. So cute!!