Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

Photobucket
Happy Tuesday!  It's the very first Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge for 2012!  This week's challenge is to create a new project using a "cartoon character."  I dusted off my Gypsy and my Cricut to work with a few of my Disney themed cartridges.  I think a lot of us are attracted to the cute licensed cartridges and SVGs, but they often go unused...so dust off those cartridges and join in the challenge!  
Next month will be one year since our Disney World trip, and I STILL have a few layouts to complete.  I would list them for you, but it's a little overwhelming.  I am going to do my very best to finish them in the next few months...keeping my fingers crossed.
When I start designing my layout, I always start with arranging my "photo mats" - either in my Gypsy or in the Silhouette software.  I knew I wanted to include A LOT of pictures in this layout - seven total.  I originally planned on including the Mickey and Friends characters into my layout, but I couldn't figure out a way to include the characters without them being teensy tiny.  If you have ever worked with a Disney cartridge, you know that the smaller the character the more hair pulling that tends to be involved.  Once I gave up on the characters, I completed changed the layout and decided for a more simple layout overall.  There are characters in my actual pictures, so I decided that was good enough.
I may have decreased the number of die cuts that I included, but I couldn't scale back on the faux stitching.  It's a sickness I tell you...once I get started, I tend to get carried away.  :)
You can link your project on the Scrappy Moms Blog!

Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 black cardstock
  • (2) 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 kraft cardstock
  • Patterned Paper - Echo Park Stripes and Dots Collection
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 3/8 x 6 3/8 black and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 patterned paper
    • (5) 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 patterned paper
  • Journaling Space 5 5/8" x 3 3/8" black and 5 1/2 x 3 1/4 patterned paper
  • (5) Scalloped Pennant sized at 1.50" from Cricut Birthday Bash
  • (5) Mickey Heads shaped at .73" from Cricut Mickey Font
  • Goofy's Diner sized at 7.28" from Cricut Mickey and Friends
  • Title (shadow and regular font) sized at 1.50" from Cricut Mickey Font
  • Mickey Hat sized at 2.69" from Cricut Mickey Font
  • "When you Wish Upon a Star" sentiment from Scrappy Moms Happily Ever After
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - Black & White
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Glossy Accents (for the windows of the diner)
  • Charcoal Baker's Twine - The Twinery
  • Mickey Buttons - EK Success (I replaced the thread in the buttons with baker's twine.)
  • Pop Dots
Thank you so much for stopping by!  I am in the middle of a bunch of different projects, so I should have a lot to share over the next couple of weeks.  

17 comments:

Savahanna said...

Super super cute layout. Love the colors and everything. You always make the best layouts

bonnie said...

This is so stinkin' cute girly, I love the colours and all the stitching and the cute buttons...adorable and perfect for your Disney pics! ;) Hugs x

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So so cute Lauren. Love the kraft paper.. it is perfect!
♥Tam

Laura said...

That is awesome! I love all that hand-cramping stitching!

Glora said...

THIS LO COULD NOT be any cuter!!!! I absolutely LOVE the papers you used and all the details. I'm so impressed with the diner (talk about some time to make that one). Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Saundra said...

Lauren, I always enjoy your layouts! This turned out fabulous! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

Mrs. McLean said...

GASP!!! So cute!!!!

Melissa said...

This is absolutely adorable, I just love the colors and that faux stitching is a work of art!!

Lezlye said...

This is great Lauren, I'm loving the kraft paper too!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Lauren...your layout is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the bright colors and the BANNER is to die for!!!

No one stiches like you girl..you own it =)


hugs,
Sarah

Rosie said...

WOW! super cool layout!!! love it!!!


roisemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Adorable layout, love everything about it, the colors, the stitching, the buttons, the twine, everything is perfect, I just love it!

www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

Joann said...

So adorable! Thanks for inspiring me to complete my Disney World trip project!

Joann
http://jlopezdesigns.blogspot.com/

Erica said...

Last week my friend complained about still having pictures from the summer that she hadn't dealt with and I said "I finally printed out a stack of pictures from when we went to Europe." In 2007.

Lauren Brewer said...

@Erica - um...I still haven't finished our wedding album from 2002! This year will be 10 years and I haven't even finished our wedding album. It's too much pressure...I can't decide what to include and what to leave out. ha! :)

Kerry~Momma K said...

Awesome layout. I love the colours.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

Lauren, I just absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!...well to be honest, I love all of your layouts ;) The stitching and colors are just a perfect combo!