Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine's Wreath

I loved my fall wreath so much that I couldn't resist making another one.  I decided that we "needed" a Valentine's Day themed wreath.  These wreaths are so fun to make...I just finished this one today and I already want to make another one.  :)
I used four different types of felt flowers for this wreath.  I made mums and roses for my fall wreath, but I decided that this wreath should have more of a variety.  I will link all of the tutorials I used at the bottom of this post.

Materials Used:
  • 18" Straw Wreath (leave the plastic on the wreath)
  • Pink & Red Yarn
  • Pink, Red, Taupe and Green Felt - this is just regular craft store felt
  • Sizzix Flower Layers Die
  • Pinking Shears 
  • Hot Glue...LOTS
  • Tutorials
    • Ruffle Flowers - (Red with Pink Centers & Pink with Red Centers)
      • This tutorial uses a Lifestyle Crafts die...I used my Sizzix die (I think any die will work as long as you have three flowers in graduated sizes).  In the video she demonstrates that the craft store felt doesn't cut as well...the Sizzix die may be a bit stronger because I didn't have any trouble AT ALL - all of my cuts were really clean.
    • Taupe Loopy Felt Flowers
    • Red "Carnations" - I made a normal rose, but I used my pinking shears instead of plain scissors to get a bit different look.
Hope you have a great day!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  

16 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this!! I've been wanting to try one since you did the fall one. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to try one for Valentine!

JennyKozar said...

I love it - so bright and fun.

Suzy said...

Gorgeous!

Glora said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! I so need to try one of these! I just love how it turned out. Thanks for the links on the different kinds of flowers too! Hugs- Glora

Jenny said...

Really pretty Lauren! Where did you find your wreath hanger?

Jenny
papercraftjenny@gmail.com

Tammy E. said...

This is beautiful! Love it.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh Lauren! This is LOVELY!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Saundra said...

Lauren, this absolutely beautiful! I may have to copy this. I need a new Valentine wreath. Gorgeous!!

Annette said...

This is beautiful!

Lulu/cy said...

I always like coming 2 this site. U always have such nUp-lifting items 2 show. Ur art lifts my soul
esp when I've had such a hard day.
TY, It's hard 2 have a body wretched w/pain,& no family. All of
these blogs R filled w/lots of joy
& creative Spirit<(^O^)> TY GBUall

~amy~ said...

Oh my SWEET...this is my new Lauren FAV....love love love it.

2LilPrincesses said...

sooooo pretty Lauren!! Thanks for listing all the tutorials!!!

Candace
scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Oh goodness sweetie this is so beautiful...looks so pretty hanging there! You are so incredibly talented sweetie...love everything you do and I'm lovin' all the pink!! ;) Hugs x

Angi said...

Gorgeous!!!

Pat N. said...

How beautiful!! Love that V-Day wreath. It's break-taking!--Pat N.

Lisa said...

1) GASP!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!
2) How in the heck did I miss your fall one?!?! hahaha On the search for it now...