Wednesday, February 8, 2012

*cards for Sebastian* You are my Hero!


I first read about Sebastian's story on Amy T.'s blog, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a card that might help brighten Sebastian's day.  Sebastian's teacher, Ms. Brown, posted Sebastian's story on her blog with a special call for cards to encourage Sebastian during his latest hospital stay.  I want to take just a minute to get up on my soapbox...hold on...

Ok...THANK YOU Ms. Brown and all of the teachers out there that actually make a difference in their students' lives.  I know that it is easy to get beaten down by all the bureaucracy, the crummy parents, and less than understanding administration, BUT for those of you that keep in mind that you are imparting much more than multiplication tables or correct grammar - thank you!  I LOVED school for the most part, and was so lucky to have a hand full of teachers that really cared - not just about for the material they were teaching, but for me.  As a parent, I am TERRIFIED of sending Nicole to school because there are not enough of the Ms. Brown's out there to help me look out for her.  Ok...I'm stepping down from my soapbox.  Onto my card...
I VERY quickly snuck into my craft room to use my Silhouette this morning before the work crew showed up to continue working on our new floors.  It's not the fanciest card, but I think Sebastian will like it...what little boy doesn't believe that he is a super hero?  Sebastian does sound pretty super, so he's already more than half way there!  

You can find ALL of the info about Sebastian, as well as, mailing info on Ms. Brown's blog HERE!
Amy T. is also giving away a $25 gift certificate on her blog to help encourage you to send a card.  You can find the link up post HERE!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh Lauren, I am so close to tears right now! Thank you for all of your kind words and for the awesome card you made for Sebastian. He is going to love it! You are the best! Thanks for helping to spred the word!

~amy~ said...

Oh girl...waterworks here.

I adore your post and your super fabulous card for Sebastian...seriously.

Thanks for helping to spread the word about Sebastian's card drive...don't forget to link up!!!!!!

Jens Craft Corner said...

Lauren, I saw your post and hopped over and read Sebastian's story. I just finished the card for him and have posted it on my blog as well. Thank you for sharing this with our fellow bloggers.