Monday, February 6, 2012

EAD Monday Hop: Thank You Notes

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a good weekend!  I went on a date with my sweet husband and two of our best friends and I made a few freezer meals for the week...so no cooking for me this week.  Woot!  I hope you are hopping along with the EAD Designs DT this morning!  I'm so excited to welcome the new designers and this month's guest designer for their first official hop!  You should have arrived here from Julie Ranae's blog, Julie's Open Window...if not - make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog, so you don't miss out on a single project!
My daughter celebrated her 4th birthday a few weeks ago, so I begrudgingly wrote her thank you notes.  Even though Nicole can't write her own thank you notes, I still wanted to involve her in the process.  Last year, I used some of her artwork, but this year I decided that her handprint would be fun!
Since there was the potential for a bit of a mess, I made sure I had everything ready to go.  I cut out all of my mats and got the paint ready.  (We used her Crayola paints.)  I let Nicole pick out which colors she wanted to use, and then she giggled as I painted her hand.  
After the paint dried, I added some BEAUTIFUL sentiments from the EAD/Paper Smooches set - Thank You Sentiments.  It has been fairly well documented that I am mildly obsessed with the rub-ons from EAD.  They are soo easy to use and I get beautiful results EVERY single time. While I am much better at stamping now than when I first started, every now and then I might not ink up the stamp enough or I stamp the sentiment a little crooked.  It's one thing when all I have to do is move some things around and salvage the project, but with something like the handprints...I really wouldn't be able to fix a stamp mess up.   
Thank You Sentiments

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  
The next stop on today's hop is

24 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren! these are so darling and fun! fab idea!

Laura Jane said...

These are PRECIOUS thank you cards!

jessica said...

such a GREAT idea!!

Shellye said...

how wonderful are these! not just a card, but a keepsake...love the idea!

Glora said...

Awesome idea! These are beautiful, sentimental and PERFECT. You are such a good Mommy! Hugs- Glora

Candace said...

such a cute idea!! love this!!!

Melissa said...

I love this idea! So sweet and personal!

Melissa
myscraphour.blogspot.com

Scrapaddict said...

Such a cute idea!

Lizscraps said...

these cards are FANTASTIC and so out of the box... love love love them :)

Jenny said...

Awesome idea! I might have to scrap-lift this idea for the thank you's after our b-day parties too!

Jenny

Jay Gee said...

These are such fun and a clever idea :)

Michelle said...

Great idea for her thank you notes! Quick and easy, but personal.

~amy~ said...

seriously, what a neat keepsake....great idea!!!

lauren bergold said...

hello lauren, it's lauren!!! :) :) :)

oh how i ♥LOVE♥ every single thing about these cards... the idea... the handprints... the fact that the little gal got to choose the colors (&how FAB those are!) these are just totally gorgeous and i predict will be left on the fridges of the recipients until her NEXT birthday! ♥

Julie Ranae said...

These cards are so fabulously creative!

mandalj said...

What a great idea! It's great your daughter can help before she can write the notes herself.

Emily said...

What a CUTE idea.

Sue D said...

Very fun and fabulous idea!

Rose said...

what a wonderful way to make thank you cards!! LOVE the precious hand prints :)

osirisandloki said...

that is such a great personal touch!

callyannc said...

Super fun! TFS CallyAnn

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

What a FABULOUS idea! You are so smart - thank you cards that truly come from the heart! LOVE THEM!

- Mel

twindolphin said...

What a fantastic idea, love it!

wedding photo thank you cards said...

I love the palm print cards.