Friday, February 24, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge - 3D Object

Happy Friday!  A brand new Peachy Keen Challenge starts today on the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog.  This week's challenge is to create a 3D object with a weather theme.  I had kind of a tough time with this one, but I can't wait to see what you create!
My daughter is constantly asking us when she gets to go to school, so I decided that it would be fun to come up with a little "today is..." board.  I laminated mine using my YourStory, but you could always skip that step completely.  
I used the adorable In Stiches Face Assortment from Peachy Keen Stamps for all of my weather elements.  (Sorry for the funky pictures...I couldn't find a great place to take pictures of this one.  I ended up in our kitchen, but it doesn't have the greatest lighting.)
Apple = School  
The rainy cloud has a sad face because if it's raining that means that Nicole doesn't get to play outside at recess.  Bless her heart...she gets so grumpy, but then feels bad because she says that the trees and grass need rain.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you can play along with this week's challenge!  Make sure to check back at 7am EST today for a peek at this month's new releases from Peachy Keen Stamps!
The Peachy Keen Connection



Materials Used:

Before I forget...I finally found a good setting to cut my Papertrey Ink cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo.  I increased the blade to a 7 and it worked PERFECTLY.  No need to double cut or anything.

7 comments:

Rose said...

oh my this is so cute and fun!!!

Tanya said...

This is super cute!! And this would be adorable in my classroom for my kinders! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

mum of two said...

Lauren, I LOVE this idea! I may have to steal/borrow it from you :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Oh what a cute project...fab ideas girly! ;) Hugs x

Glora said...

WOW, I seriously LOVE this. And I could just hug your sweet Nicole. The fact that she gets grumpy when it is raining but then feels bad because the rain is needed. What a cutie. This is seriously the best idea and I'm SO making something like this for my daughter and I will definitely be laminating it. They just last better that way. Great job. Hugs- Glora

Melissa said...

LOL, I used to ask my mom about the days and weather. She got me a thermometer for my window. (Your solution is much better-)

Jennie Garcia said...

What an awesome idea!! Love the faces!! Your kid is so nice, she understands other tree and grass needs :0)
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/