Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peachy Keen Release Party!


The Peachy Keen Connection
I hope that some of you were able to join us this morning for the Peachy Keen Stamps Release Party over on our Ning site.  If you missed it, no worries - you can still play along with two new challenges for a chance to win some of the newest stamps...and you will also be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to Peachy Keen.  If you enter both challenges, that's TWO chances to win!  All entries need to uploaded to the Peachy Keen Connection site by Monday at 8am. 

Challenge #1
Create a project using at least two different patterned papers 
Upload your card or project to the Peachy Keen Connection - HERE - using the key words MARCHRP#1. 
Here's my card - I LOVE the "thank you" sentiment from the Gnomegrown set.  I'm sure I've said it before, but I send out more thank you notes and birthday cards than anything else, so it's always nice to have some different sentiment stamps.  This one is large enough and pretty enough that it could be the main image on your card.  

Challenge #2
Create a project using ribbon and bling!
Upload your card or project to the Peachy Keen Connection - HERE - using the key words MARCHRP#2.
I didn't have enough of the ribbon I was planning on using, so I substituted twine...twine is kind of like ribbon, right?  I have a confession...I completely messed up this little gnome, but I was able to salvage him.  I tried coloring the wheel black and it DID not work out...at all.  The black bled all over and I honestly wanted to cry.  I had already spent an hour coloring him, so I really didn't want to throw him away.  I stamped the image again, and this time I ONLY colored the wheel (gray this time, instead of black) and the little bars (? not sure what to call them).  I then just paper pieced him together.  Whew!  It worked and unless you really study the image, you can't tell.  :)

Materials Used:
Card #1 -
Card #2

Hope you will try at least one of the challenges!  
Can't wait to see what you create!

3 comments:

Saundra said...

These are both wonderful, Lauren! ~Hugs, Saundra

Glora said...

Your cards are just GORGEOUS and so vibrant. I LOVE them to pieces!!!! Hugs- Glora

Jennie Garcia said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love them both!! The first one is so elegant!! I love the wood grain you created!! The second one is soooo adorable!! Way to save the image!! I would've cried and it would've bled even more.
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/