Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge!

Photobucket
Happy Tuesday!  Welcome to the first Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge of February!  This challenge is a super easy and very fun one...you should play along with us!  All you have to do is incorporate a heart into your project...pretty easy, right?  

I made these heart boxes for Nicole's preschool Valentine's party.  I only had to make 13 of these, so if you have a lot to make...you might want to simplify.  I will say that if you make these in an assembly line fashion...they really don't take too long.  Here's how I did it...
  1. Cut out 13 heart boxes using my Silhouette Cameo
  2. Assemble the boxes.
  3. Watch Nicole use my Cuttlebug to emboss the hearts.  As she finished...I attached them to the boxes.
  4. Cut out and assemble the critters using my Cricut Expression and Create a Critter.  (I still love Create a Critter and I especially love how easy the layers are to put together.)
  5. While my Cricut was working...I cut out the stamp shadows for my sentiments using my Silhouette. 
  6. Stamp faces and sentiments.
  7. Embellish die cuts with my gel pen and glitter glue.
  8. Cut all of my bakers twine.
  9. Attach bakers twine to the box for the little handles.
  10. Attach critters and sentiments to the heart using pop dots.

Sorry for the kind of funky pictures...I couldn't figure out how to get a good picture of these, so I ended up hanging them on my cupcake holder.  Incidentally...that's what I'm using to hold my baker's twine right now.  The long term plan is to use a peg board, but this is working in the meantime.


I hope you are able to play along with us!  You can link up your project HERE on the Scrappy Moms Stamps blog!

Materials Used:

10 comments:

bonnie said...

So cute....love the embossing...create a critter is one of my favs! Love seeing your twine in the background too! ;) Hugs x

Melissa said...

This is adorable!

scrappy critters said...

Sooo absolutely adorable Lauren. I love these little treat holders♥♥

Tammy

Glora said...

So cute! I love both of the little bugs that you used too. They are SO sweet! Oh and I love that Nicole helped with the embossing. My girls LOVE to help with that too! Hugs- Glora

liz at liz's paper loft said...

too stinkin' cute lauren!

Jenny R said...

So cute...the embossing and critters are adorable!
Jenny R
http://myimagitvity.blogspot.com

Lezlye said...

Adorable!

Staying Crafty said...

Totally adorable! Love them :)

sarah said...

Both of these R sooo Cute!!luv embossing my projects!!Great job!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

twindolphin said...

So love the little heart bags for Valentines, gorgeous...