Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A scrapbook layout...what???

It's my turn to post on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog and it's a scrapbooking miracle...I actually finished a layout.  I don't think the "slump" is over, but at least I was able to put something together.  I realized that I never scrapbooked last year's Easter morning pictures, so since Easter is only a few weeks away, I should probably work on that.  Luckily (or unluckily - depending on how you look at it) only a few pictures from last year turned out that great, so I only needed to make a one page layout.  
Here are a few close ups:
I colored the little bunnies and used paper piecing for the little accessories.  
For a little something extra - I threaded some honeydew baker's twine through the top row of dots created by my dotted scallop border punch.  It was super easy.


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 kraft cardstock - Recollections brand
  • Patterned Paper - October Afternoon's Sidewalk Collection
  • 9 1/2 x 12 patterned paper
  • Photo Mats
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (kraft) & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (floral)
    • 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (kraft) & 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (floral)
  • Peachy Keen Stamps PK-265 Bunny Dolls
  • "Easter morning" - Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • Easter Eggs - Lori Whitlock via Silhouette Online Store
  • Copics
  • Buttons - October Afternoon's Sidewalk Collection
  • Baker's Twine - The Twinery's Honeydew
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Martha Stewart Dotted Scallop Border Punch

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to see your back at it!! This was my first love and haven't done one in a while, think I will be post one this week or next week! Your layout is great, thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Wowzers, your layout is out of this word cute!!! I just love the little bunnies and the fabulous springy paper you used..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Just DARLING Lauren!!! LOVE how this came out! That paper is some of my very favorite!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Glora said...

ADORABLE! I just made my first card with this set and it would be SO perfect for a scrapbook layout! I love the papers you combined and the beautiful way you did up the bunnies. IT is perfect in every way. I ALWAYS LOVE your LO's! Hugs- Glora

Saundra said...

Simply adorable! I love the colors and the whole spring feel to the layout! ~Hugs, Saundra

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

Those bunnies are adorable and so is your layout

Stephanie said...

Totally adorable!

Sheenie said...

YAY!!!! I love it! Great job, Lauren! This is beautiful! I love how you paper pieced and stamped those bunnies.

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Love it, this is such an amazing project! I love it when you showcase layouts!

Jennifer said...

I love this lay out! I love the way your photograph your lay outs. I am still learning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So stinkin' cute! You always have the BEST layouts - I love it! :)

{{{ HUG }}}!

- Mel