Monday, April 23, 2012

EAD Hop: Teacher Appreciation Gift!

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fun weekend...I got a sunburn this weekend.  Yes...that is just how fair skinned I am.  I got a sunburn in APRIL!  Anyhow...I hope you are hopping along with the EAD Designs DT this morning!  You should have arrived here from Julie's blog, Julie's Open Window.  If not - make sure to start at the EAD Designs blog, so you don't miss out on this week's giveaway.  
I know that for a lot of you teacher appreciation week is around the corner.  My daughter's school celebrates next week, so I've been trying to come up with a few things.  I found these SUPER cute Chalkboard Plant Markers in the Target Dollar Spot, and decided to use them to personalize a simple potted daisy for my daughter's teacher.  Instead of trying to write perfectly in chalk...which I know would get smudged, I decided to use vinyl!  
This couldn't have been simpler and now I don't have to worry about the chalk getting smudged or dripped on when the teacher needs to water the daisy.  I used white for my project, so it would look like chalk, but EAD's vinyl comes in a rainbow of pretty colors.  Don't forget - that it also comes with transfer tape, so once you decide on the color - you are good to go!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  
I am the last stop on this week's hop!



7 comments:

jessica said...

Such a GREAT gift idea!!! I picked these up also...loving the idea!
TFS :)

Anita said...

I will have to look for these, what a awesome idea.

Jay Gee said...

These look brillant Lauren, what a great idea :)

Sue D said...

Great gift idea!

Rose said...

this is perfect for a teacher!!! :)

~amy~ said...

Now how clever is this??! Love it!

Erica said...

Now that A is in school I'm going to need you to start making stuff like this for me. Thanks.