Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge - Create a Background

Woohoo!  It's Friday and it's time for another Peachy Keen Challenge!  This week's challenge is to use a stamp to create your very own background paper.  This was a bit harder than I had anticipated.  I think it took me 3 or 4 tries to get a pattern I liked.  I tried some tiny stamps, but in the end - I chose the cherries from the Peachy Keen Stamps Faceless Fruit set.
I even dusted off my Cricut Expression to cut out this sweetie from Playtime.  My poor Cricut...it's kind of neglected these days.  
Here's the inside of the card.  I accidentally got a little smudge of black ink underneath the sentiment, so I added another set of cherries to cover it up.  Whew!  That would have been pretty annoying!

I hope you can play along with us this week!
You can link up your project HERE on Peachy Keen's Challenge Blog!

Materials:


7 comments:

Glora said...

This is WAY too cute. I LOVE the cherries on the kraft. It is SO perfect and your little girl on there is darling too! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Saundra said...

This is completely adorable, Lauren! I love the cherry background! ~Hugs, Saundra

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful!!!! Great job on your card and I know what you mean about dusting off my cricuts. I need to. I am getting out of the practice with all of these awesome stamps I have been buying!!!

Melissa said...

This is a sweet card. Love those cherries ;)

Michelle said...

this is so stinkin cute ! love your background and the little girl reminds me of my girls!!! love love !!!!
Michelle
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

bonnie said...

Awww isn't she a cutie pie! ;) Hugs x

Cindy :) said...

it's adorable, I love the background you created with the cherries, so pretty. I had the same problem, I was trying to use the flowers from the pocket posies set but nothing was turning out, switched to the Mother's Day set and only made two cards before I made the right one :) LOL