Friday, April 27, 2012

Ribbon Wreath

***This is my second post of the day for Peachy Keen Stamps.  If you are looking for my Challenge project, scroll down or click HERE!  Thanks!***
Happy Friday!  It's my day to post a project to the Peachy Keen Stamps blog, and I am so excited to share this wreath with you.  I made a similar wreath last fall, but I couldn't bear to part with it.  I made this one to give to my daughter's preschool teacher.  I chose colors to compliment the colors in their classroom.  Since this year was my daughter's first school experience, I really wanted to come up with something special.  Her teacher has done such an amazing job, and Nicole has learned so much.  I can't wait to give it to her next week!

I made a very short video that gives an overview of the process.  I PROMISE it's not hard, but I cannot promise that it isn't a little time consuming.  IF you can convince someone else to help you cut all of the ribbon lengths, then it will speed up the process.  
I also say that the loops are 2 1/2"...that would be impossible.  They are about 2 1/4" once finished.  Hope that helps...videos are few and far between these days, so don't get used to it...ok?  Ok.  

Goodness...I love that little bookworm face.  It is from the PK 755 Critter Faces Set A Large.  I colored in his nose and mouth using some Copic markers.  It's hard to tell in this picture, but I also inked all of the cuts in matching ink.  I used another mini chalkboard from the Target Dollar section for the wreath.  Instead of writing in chalk - I used some white vinyl.
I used some pop dots to add a tiny bit of dimension to the little bumblebee.  This face is from the Happy Lashes Face Assortment.  (Still my favorite face set.)

Materials:
  • 12" straw wreath (leave the plastic on the wreath...much less mess)
  • Ribbon...lots of it.  At LEAST 25 yards
  • Caterpillar and Bumblebee via Silhouette Online Store (I used the offset feature in the Silhouette software to create a shadow layer.  I set the offset at .10)
  • Face Stamps: PK 755 Critter Faces Set A Large & PK460 Happy Lashes Face Assortment
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pens - Black and White
  • Colorbox Liquid Chalk Inks - various colors
  • White Vinyl - EAD Designs


9 comments:

Glora said...

WOW!!! This is SERIOUSLY so awesome!!!! I'm completely in love with the whole idea. Thanks for the video I hope I will get motivated to make one of these because it is amazing!!!! Hugs- Glora

Jenny said...

AH-MAZ-ING! Totally :) Lauren, I cannot get over how awesome you are!

P.S. Love the video, we don't see them nearly enough ;) Hint, hint!


Jenny
papercraftjenny@gmail.com

Saundra said...

This is wonderful! It sounds so easy and turned out amazing!

CREATIVE M said...

Love this idea!TFS....I am going to try and make one.I have a tin can filled with left over ribbons.Love it

jrksiddha said...

Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well g7capsules ):

bonnie said...

Oh WOW Lauren this is AWESOME!!! So cute!!! Love the ribbons and colours and everything about it! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift that will be treasured for years to come...tfs, I love the video too!!!;) Hugs x

Tashina said...

Lauren--This is beautiful! It makes me wish that I was a teacher and could receive a lovely gift like this. You're so thoughtful.

http://www.misscraftypink.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

This is stunning Lauren so coloufull well done , Your blog is fab i love your cards you have a nice style of crafting I am your newest follower Hugs Elaine

Cindy :) said...

Gorgeous wreath, I bet she loves it, I know I do, of course the addition of PK makes every project that much better :)