Thursday, May 10, 2012

EAD May Color Challenge!


Happy Thursday!  It's been kind of a quiet week here on the blog...not a whole lot of crafting happening this week.  I am having kind of an unproductive week all around, but that's ok - I can still turn it around...hopefully.  Maybe YOU can be a bit more productive than me and participate in this month's EAD color challenge.  
Vintage Fashion
If you haven't participated before...it's super easy.  Just link a new project to the EAD Design Color Challenge post.  Just for participating - you get a 25% off coupon to the EAD Designs Store.  One lucky winner (randomly chosen) will receive a $20 gift certificate to the EAD Designs Store and will be invited to join us as June's guest designer.
I had a card almost finished, and then I saw this super cute little suitcase from Lori Whitlock.  One of the best things about EAD's Stickerz is that they are repositionable...so I was able to scrap my card idea  AND still re-use my stickerz.  I also tried something new - I wanted some pretty pins to embellish my project with, but the only stick pins I have are the plain yellow tipped pins from the fabric store.  Not to be deterred...I dipped my boring yellow pens in my Versamark Watermark Ink and then into some gold embossing powder.  Using some tweezers to hold the pen (this is important...don't burn yourself) I used my heat gun and my yellow pins became gold pens!  I can't believe that it worked...I was ready for the pin to start to melt or something, but it worked!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you'll join us!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooooooo awesome Lauren!

Rose said...

so FAB!
going to remember the stick pin trick :)