Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello Sunshine Scrapbook Layout!

Hi crafty friends.  I have another layout to share...plus two more coming in the next few days AND another one just waiting for me to put together.  Woohoo!  Maybe I'm finally coming out of my scrapbook slump.  I have given myself permission to create some simple pages...not every layout needs to take 4-6 hours.  Right?  This layout originally looked completely different in my head.  I had planned on cutting the sunshine rays out of yellow gingham, but I am completely out of the paper I had in mind.  I finally decided on this woodgrain paper from Echo Park's Graceful Collection and it completely changed the "mood" of the layout.
I love to mix fonts when coming up with titles, and after struggling for awhile trying to come up with something...I found this one in the Silhouette Online Store.  I just added the shadow by using the "offset" tool.  This was exactly what I had in mind, but couldn't make it work myself.
I originally didn't have any other embellishments on this layout, but I decided it needed something more.  I finally settled on paper rosettes.  This was my first time trying them, and I'm happy to report that they are pretty darn easy.  I used my hot glue gun to apply the buttons AND to apply the rosette to the page.  I'm sure you can use glue dots, but I wanted to make sure these wouldn't budge.
I cut strips from the border page included in the Graceful collection to create my rosettes.

***Update: I forgot to mention how I made the sunshine...oops.  I used THIS file from the Silhouette Store.  There are a few other options that would work too.  Just search "sunshine."***

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Make sure to stop by tomorrow - Scrappy Moms Stamps is releasing TWO new fun stamp sets, plus a few other fun surprises!  You don't want to miss it!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Gorgeous layout, as always! How did you do the sun? I love the effect.

Lauren Brewer said...

Thanks Aimee! I just updated my post, but just in case you don't see that...I used the Square Sunshine Card from the Silhouette Online Store. http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2/viewShape.aspx?id=16769 There are a few other options in the store that would work too. I just removed the "circle" cut out.

Glora said...

HOW COOL!!!! I absolutely love this. All the rosettes look perfect too. Awesome LO. Hugs- Glora

~amy~ said...

absolutely FABulous!

L.B. said...

This is just so fun and cheery. Great great great

Anonymous said...

You should sell these. I would buy it :) Busy moms that like to have scrap books are always looking for new people who sell the premade pages that are cute like this!