Friday, May 25, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #19!

Hooray it's Friday!!!  I am excited for a three day weekend - we'll be hanging around the house this weekend, and Sunday night my husband and I are going to a fun concert. Woot!  Today marks the start of a brand new Peachy Keen Challenge!  This one is a color challenge and you can link up your project HERE on the Peachy Keen Challenge blog!  I can't wait to see what you create!
So...as pretty as this color palate is, I never use purple.  I had originally planned on working on a layout with some face stamps, but after scouring my paper - all I had was a little bit of this purple polka dot paper from DCWV left.  I've been trying to be better about using what I have, so instead of heading to the craft store for purple patterned paper - I decided to color my own image.  I will tell you that I swear that the blue looked more turquoise at first, but as it dried it turned more blue.  Hmmm...evidently I need to practice that.  Any suggestions on Copic colors for a pretty turquoise?
I love those little happy little flowers!  

Thank you soo much for stopping by today, and a big thanks to those of you that take the time to leave comments!  I know I am soo bad about leaving comments these days, so I really do appreciate every single one...especially those of you that comment on almost everything.  (You know who you are!)  

Have a fun and SAFE weekend!

Enabler Alert...


Materials:

4 comments:

Glora said...

Lauren, this turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the card layout, those little banners are so sweet and your coloring is BEAUTIFUL! Hugs- Glora

Jenny said...

Cute, so cute! I really like the patterned papers. TFS Lauren :)

Jenny

Jennie Garcia said...

Beautiful Card!! I LOVE the tones of your pattern paper!! Your coloring is absolutely perfect!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

bonnie said...

Awww so super cute! ;) Hugs x