***If you are looking for my Twinery/Clearsnap post, click HERE or scroll down! Thanks!***
Happy Saturday, Cinco de Mayo, National Scrapbook Day and Peachy Keen Stamps Release Party Day! So...basically, just happy EVERYTHING! In honor of all of the above items, I have a scrapbook page to share with you. I have been wanting to do something with this lovely star paper from Martha Stewart since last summer, and once I saw these adorable paper lanterns in the May SOTM club - I knew it would be perfect! There is a Peachy Keen Release party tonight starting at 6pm over on the ning site. There will be chatting, challenges and prizes!
This little grilling guy is from one of the May add-on sets: PK-114 Hot Diggity Dog. I used a combination of paper piecing and copics for him. The cooler is from the PK-115 Let's Ketchup add-on set.
I cannot stop using these sweet paper lanterns. So sweet! I used my 1/16" punch to thread my baker's twine through the lanterns. I just placed a dab of glue (I use Martha Stewart Gel Adhesive) in a few strategic places to create the little loops. I also added a few little bitty gems throughout the layout using my new I-rock tool. Word to the wise...it really does get super hot. I will have a little bitty scar on my hand for a little while to help me remember. ;) Days without a crafting injury - back to 0.
I used the "offset" feature in the Silhouette software to create the shadow for my title. This is my new favorite feature in the design software.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you will be able to participate in today's Peachy Keen Release Party!
- 12 x 12 green cardstock
- 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 star patterned paper - Martha Stewart
- Photo Mats
- (3) 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 (white) & 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 (green) - to fit 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 pictures
- (1) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 (white) & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 (green) - to fit 4 x 6 picture
- Lanterns & Face Stamps - Peachy Keen Stamps May SOTM Kit
- BBQ Chef & hamburgers - Peachy Keen Stamps PK-114 Hot Diggity Dog
- Cooler- Peachy Keen Stamps PK-115 Let's Ketchup
- Baker's Twine - The Twinery: Caribbean, Lemondrop & Pink Sorbet
- Patterned Paper - Echo Park Dots & Stripes
- Copic Markers
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- I-rock Tool and Gems