Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peachy Peek - Summer Nights Layout

***If you are looking for my Twinery/Clearsnap post, click HERE or scroll down!  Thanks!***

Happy Saturday, Cinco de Mayo, National Scrapbook Day and Peachy Keen Stamps Release Party Day!  So...basically, just happy EVERYTHING!  In honor of all of the above items, I have a scrapbook page to share with you.  I have been wanting to do something with this lovely star paper from Martha Stewart since last summer, and once I saw these adorable paper lanterns in the May SOTM club - I knew it would be perfect!  There is a Peachy Keen Release party tonight starting at 6pm over on the ning site.  There will be chatting, challenges and prizes!  
This little grilling guy is from one of the May add-on sets: PK-114 Hot Diggity Dog.  I used a combination of paper piecing and copics for him.  The cooler is from the PK-115 Let's Ketchup add-on set.
 
 I cannot stop using these sweet paper lanterns.  So sweet!  I used my 1/16" punch to thread my baker's twine through the lanterns.  I just placed a dab of glue (I use Martha Stewart Gel Adhesive) in a few strategic places to create the little loops.  I also added a few little bitty gems throughout the layout using my new I-rock tool.  Word to the wise...it really does get super hot.  I will have a little bitty scar on my hand for a little while to help me remember.  ;)  Days without a crafting injury - back to 0.  
I used the "offset" feature in the Silhouette software to create the shadow for my title.  This is my new favorite feature in the design software.  

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will be able to participate in today's Peachy Keen Release Party!

Materials:

11 comments:

silly_girl_823 said...

Such a cute layout! I love the little guy grilling!

Amy V

Glora said...

WOW Lauren! This is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I love that star paper intermixed with little gems. And of course the stamps are all paper pieced and stamped to perfection! I could not LOVE this more!!!! Hugs- Glora

Christina said...

Wow! Love all the details.

Melissa said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Tina said...

Love the twine on your layout!

Roxie said...

I love your cute layout! Great work!

Sheri R said...

Love it! You were right to save the star paper for the perfect project. The paper lanterns with the twine joining them is so pretty. The Grilling Guy will have to smile when he sees himself on this page :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

SOOOOOOO cute!!! Love the fun colors!!!

hugs,
Sarah

katieo said...

Great summer stamps/ Love the faces

Rosie said...

awesome layout!!! love the way you did the faces, sooo cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Adorable layout, Lauren! :)

- Mel