Thursday, June 7, 2012

Peachy Keen & Core'dinations Blog Hop!

Happy Thursday!  It's day two of the Core'dinations and Peachy Keen Stamps blog hop, and you should have arrived here from the Core'dinations blog, but if not - make sure to head back to the Peachy Keen blog.  Just in case you get lost along the way; I will also have today's complete blog hop list at the end of my post.
For my project today, I embellished a gable box that could be used for a gift box, BUT I will be using it for my daughter's "good behavior prizes."  She has a few things that we chart daily, and if she gets enough smiley faces during the week - she gets a little treat.  It could be as big as a little toy or as small as staying up a bit past her bedtime.  Instead of her asking me all week..."what's my prize this week," I thought she could start drawing her prize weekly.  We'll see how it goes...
I am in love with the new fairies from this month's Peachy Keen Stamp of the Month kit.  I paper pieced and colored my little flower fairy.  You probably know this already, but just in case you don't...you should color everything prior to gluing your paper pieced sections.  I tried to be really careful, but there were a few places where glue seeped out and my Copics won't color on top of the glue.  I used my Cameo to cut out the little artisanal shape out of the polka dot embossed Core'dinations cardstock.  I also sanded it very lightly to make the polka dots stand out even more.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  The next stop on today's hop is

Make sure you enter to win on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog!  You will be eligible to win a 
TWO 6x6 paper packs from Core'dinations


Blog List
Lauren Brewer  (you're here)  

Materials:
  • Core'dinations Cardstock (Cut settings - I changed the blade depth on my Cameo to a 7 and the speed to 3 and thickness to 33.  I didn't have any trouble cutting out the shape.)
  • Flower Fairy - Peachy Keen Stamps June Stamp of the Month Kit


31 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute!! I love the patterened paper and the embossing!!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Cute project...neat idea! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

Such an adorable project! It looks like the ideal incentive for your daughter's reward system...good luck.

Andrea Amu said...

Such a cute box, and I'm sure your daughter is lovin' that sweet lil' fairy!

Brenda said...

Very cute box, and what a great idea to use it for!

Glora said...

Oh Lauren, this turned out WAY too adorable! I love every single detail! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Cathy said...

Very cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute image, and I love that dotted paper!

Beatrice Lawson said...

That is too cute for words! Love the idea too, we need to try it!!

bonnie said...

Awww this is so cute...love those sweet little fairies! ;) Hugs x

Maureen Reiss said...

Awesome project and I love this idea for my daughter! Your paper piecing is fantastic!

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Adorable!!

Linda R. said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing!

Dee said...

What a cute little Fairy!! I love it!

jessica said...

this is so adorable Lauren!! love love love the Peachy sweetie and beautiful papers!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

Your little box is sooo ADORABLE!BEAUTIFUL job with it:)

Alvina said...

OMG, your box is awesome and I love the image and tha dotted paper!!
TFS

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Leslie L. said...

Very cute; I am loving PK's new stamps.
Leslie

Kristi said...

This is so super duper cute! :)

Emily H said...

Adorable! I cant get over it!

Caryn S said...

The flower fairy is too sweet! And love the polka dot core behind her, it really makes her stand out even more.

Dorina D said...

Great project and so cute. What a great incentive box for your daughter.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your box is darling and I love the idea behind it! I may have to borrow your idea for my daughter to use with her boys.

DebbieC. said...

What a cute box project. The fairy stamp pops on the core'dination paper...love it.

Jen said...

Your box is awesome!!!! Great job!

kissmyjen@gmail.com
justcreativeme.blogspot.com

Kathy Salido said...

Adorable little box, and a great idea for your daughter!!
Kathy
Salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

This is super cute! I'm sure your daughter just loved it, I know I do :P
(:(:Smiles;):)

Robin
thecricutscrapper at yahoo dot com

Tiffany said...

Very cute box! :p

Mary-Anne V said...

Cute box love the image and the paper.

tina said...

Love this sweet little box and what you are using it for with your daughter! Well done.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Lorie said...

VERY, very cute project, Lauren! Beautiful work!!