Monday, July 23, 2012

EAD Designs Monday Hop!

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to hop along with the EAD Designs DT.  You should have arrived here from Kate's blog, Scrappers Creative Corner...if not - make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog, so you don't miss out on a single project!  

I have a fun and beautiful and SUPER EASY project to share with you today.  Our best friends are having their very first baby boy in September and I went to the baby shower over the weekend.  The baby's nursery has two adorable canvases decorated with dog silhouettes, so I decided to personalize one of the canvas bins that they registered for to match the nursery.  
I found the sweet dog silhouette in the Silhouette store and then added the baby's name.  The vinyl from EAD Designs went on soo smoothly and looks absolutely perfect and professional.   Everyone at the shower was very impressed and the mom-to-be loved it.  I'm pretty sure I sold a couple of Silhouette Cameos to a few ladies at the shower.  ;)  I was so happy with how the vinyl turned out that I am planning on doing something similar for Nicole's closet.  Nicole has a few of these canvas bins to help organize toys, so once she moves into her new bedroom - I am going to label her bins to make them look cuter and hopefully help keep everything more organized.  I will make sure to post pictures!
Here's a peek at what I brought for the new baby.  It's funny how some ribbon, tulle and cute die cuts can turn some pretty ordinary baby supplies into something special.  Here's a little trick...this bin is pretty big - 13 x 13.  I added some empty boxes to the bottom of the bin and THEN placed the little canvas covered cardboard bottom on top of the boxes.  That way all of the baby items are displayed in a pretty way not just in the bottom of the bin.  This was also really helpful because I had a place to put all of the tags and hangers and gift receipts just in case the parents need to return or exchange anything.
I wrapped some plain burp cloths ribbon, tulle and I added a cute tag with the same little dog silhouette.  I got a ton of really cute embellished burp cloths for Nicole, and they are adorable and cute to put in the diaper bag when you are going out, but baby's spit up on things...so it's helpful to have some plain burp cloths that you can just bleach and be done.  
I did the same thing to some little Carter's baby kimono tops.  My mom bought me a set for Nicole and they became one of my MUST have baby items.  Nicole HATED having anything pulled over her head, so the little kimono tops were the perfect thing to put her in for naps and playtime at home.  I rounded out the gift basket/bin with some of my favorite baby bath, lotion and diaper ointment, some cute little pants (to go with the baby tees), a matching knit blanket and bibs, diapers and a super cute little lovey for the baby.
I just whipped up a really quick card using the same scalloped circle and dog silhouette...I love it when everything coordinates.

Whew...that was a lot!  

The next stop on today's hop is super talented


16 comments:

Kate said...

Love this idea. I definitely need to make one for each of my kids. Your card is so adorable too, love the embossing.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute idea...great card too! Lee-Ann :)

Shellye McDaniel said...

AWESOME! wow, this is such a beautiful gift...love how you did it all up into one big box of fun!

alienanessa said...

Whoa!! Absolutely fantabulous! That vinyl looks amazing, and all your touches are just wonderful!

Melissa said...

Cute!

Jay Gee said...

What a fantastic gift Lauren, it all looks amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gift idea! TFS.
I love personalized gifts.
Great idea doing it for Nicole.
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)

Tabitha said...

This doggy theme is fantastic!!!!

Sue D said...

Great personalized baby gift and card.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

lauren, this is a fabulous idea for any occassion!

callyannc said...

Love love love! CallyAnn

jessica said...

LOVE this idea!! What a great way to embellish a gift!!
TFS and hope your feeling good :)

Rosie said...

what a great idea on the bin, love the card also

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovignminis.blogspot.com

~amy~ said...

Whatta fab idea...I bet they loved it!

mandalj said...

What a lovely co-ordinated present and card! How thoughtful!

bonnie said...

Oh such a super cute gift set...adorable details ;) Hugs x