Monday, July 16, 2012

Hop...500th Post...and some News!

Happy Monday!  Whew...this is late.  Evidently to celebrate my 500th blog post, Blogger decided it would be fun to lock me out of my account for a little bit.  Oh well...it's all fixed now.  I hope you are hopping along with the EAD Designs DT this morning!  You should have arrived here from Kate's blog, but if not - make sure to head back to the EAD Designs blog!  You don't want to miss out on a single project!
I made this sweet little owl treat holder for my niece's birthday present.  She's officially a teenager now, so like any normal teenager - she wants gift cards or money.  (Boring, but easy.)  This little owl came together soo fast, so if you wanted to make a bunch of these for a favors - go for it!  I used a sticker from the Birthday Sentiments set from EAD.
Birthday Sentiments
Thank you so much for stopping by today!  
The next stop on today's hop is Liz's Paper Loft!

Materials:

I can't believe that this is my 500th post!  Thank you so much for continuing to visit my blog!  I hope you will continue in the future.  Now for a little bit of news...you may have noticed that the blog has been fairly light lately...that is because I am pregnant with our 2nd little one!  The first trimester has kicked my butt.  I'm hoping the second trimester is a little easier for me.  Basically - I'm not going to stress out about the blog.  I am going to focus on my design team commitments, and anything else will just be extra.  Hopefully you will hang in there with me, AND my fingers are crossed that I will get some more energy really really soon! 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is soooo exciting!! Very happy for all of you!! Hope you feel better soon!!

jessica said...

Congrats Lauren!!! So super excited for you and your family!!!
Love your adorable treat box! This was one of my favorite bags to make. Your turned out adorable!!
Thanks for sharing and congrats again :)

Shellye McDaniel said...

First off...congratulations to you...how exciting! And yes, that first trimester is a doozie LOL Take care of yourself :)
This is the CUTEST treat bag that I've ever seen...I'm so in love with it!!!

Kate said...

Super cute owl. love the colors.

Saundra said...

Awww! Congratulations, Lauren!! This owl is so cute! I'm sure your niece loved it!

Hugs,Saundra :)

Scrappin Abby said...

This owl is absolutely adorable..seriously. I have teenage kids myself & they too just want money or GC's..lol. Great idea : )

Glora said...

1st of all this card is ADORABLE! I just LOVE it! And 2nd of all a HUGE congratulations!!!! I so know what you mean about the 1st trimester and I totally did the same thing - design team commitments and anything else was just a little something extra. Definitely don't stress over the blog stuff. And I'm so excited for you and your new little one. Ours has been such a joy, we just love having him as part of the family, it seems like we could have never lived without him. Huge hugs and lots of love - Glora

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh a new little baby how exciting for you and your family! Congrats. Please take care of yourself.
Your neice is going to love the owl goodie bag. the button eyes really gives it character. TFS
dmcardmaker (at aol.com)

Jenny said...

Congratulations Lauren! I feel your pain because I haven't even touch my blog since we found out about baby #3 on the way. I'm finally feeling better though and starting to get back into it. :) So happy for you!

Jenny

silly_girl_823 said...

Congratulations!!! Hope it gets easier for you and we alll completely understand!!

Amy V

Melissa said...

Great new!!!! Congrats to you and your family. The blogging world totally understands your not crafting as much, you have to take card of yourself! I am sure the time will fly and you will be back to yourself with all your fabulous creations, love the owl treat bag!

Melissa said...

Happy news about your baby on the way! Wish you the best!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh - CONGRATS on the new little one on the way!!! SOOOOO exciting for you!!! You shouldn't feel guilty at all to take time to focus your energies where they need to be! Best of wishes for an easy and smooth rest of your pregnancy!!! Oh - and this little owl is ADORABLE!!! Totally love it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness this just darling Lauren!

Debican said...

Congrats on another little one on the way. Wow, 500 posts...you have been busy. Not to worry, I'm gona hang in with you and I'm sure many, many others will too. Keep us posted on how your doing with your pregnancy. Hugs, Debi

Jay Gee said...

Wahoo Lauren! That is fantastic news. Congratulations to you and your husband :)

Love you owl, what a fabulous gift box/holder.

~amy~ said...

Congrats....how fun is that?!!! I'm soooo excited for you!!!!!!!!

Cute owlie gift card holder...super sweet!!!

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE your owl!!! fun fun cute!!!! congrats on 500 posts!!!

Rose said...

congrats to you and hubby!!!! :)
this is an adorable little gifty holder girl :)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Lauren - I love, love, love your owl!! She is ADORABLE!! :)

Congrats again on the new little one! I am crossing my fingers that you start to feel tons better soon!

Big {{{ HUGS }}}!

- Mel

buglvr2010 said...

Congrats! I'm do happy for you!