Friday, August 3, 2012

Peachy Keen August Peeks!

Happy Friday!  Have you been enjoying this month's Peachy Keen Stamp of the Month peeks?  These stamps are soo cute, and the design team has LOTS of beautiful projects to help inspire you!  I paper pieced the apples and the super cute little worm for my card today.
I decided to use some of the Christmas paper I used last year for our Advent calendar...definite bonus of liking non-traditional Christmas colors.  I've also continued to outline each of my paper pieced items with a black marker or even a colored pencil.  I love that it helps give you those nice crisp edges...even if your fussy cutting isn't always perfect!  
Another quick tip...any time I am stamping a sentiment that has block letters - I first press the stamp into my Versamark Watermark stamp pad and then apply the black ink.  I feel like it helps insure that I get a really nice crisp DARK impression every time.  

Don't forget - Sunday is the Peachy Keen Release party!  It starts at 6pm CST!  There will be lots of chatting and chances to win some fun Peachy prizes.  This month's challenges are REALLY fun, so hope you will be able to join us!  If you can't make it to the actual party - don't worry!  You can still participate in the challenges!  There will be links on the home page of the ning site!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Cute card. I agree with you re: the papers. It's fun to use them for other projects besides Christmas. Thanks for sharing the tips:)
Happy Friday!
Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Adrian said...

Wow, u did a fabulous job! Love the paper and black edging!

tina said...

So super cute! I love it.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Cassandra said...

Those little wormies are just adorable!!!

bonnie said...

Oh the cutest card EVER!! So adorable! ;) Hugs x